• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16x42 BDC sub $200 (58% off)

One that I already had went in standard Ruger rings on a M77 MKII. The one I just got will be in Talley one piece rings on a Ruger American.

Just ordered a Crossfire II 4x12x44 a few days ago. Haven't had many scopes as I've always bow hunted. Do you think this is that much better? Feel dumb ordering another scope seeing how I haven't even got the first one but this seems like a really good price. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Just ordered a Crossfire II 4x12x44 a few days ago. Haven't had many scopes as I've always bow hunted. Do you think this is that much better? Feel dumb ordering another scope seeing how I haven't even got the first one but this seems like a really good price. Thanks

From what I’ve read, the Diamondback series is a step above the Crossfire line.

If you do some more in depth research about this specific diamondback, it is not only a cut above the crossfire, but also above standard diamondbacks. The Diamondback hp has xd lenses and xr coatings. If you study vortex nomenclature, that is the same lenses and coatings as the viper line. This is a premium diamondback, with very little difference from a viper besides the tube diameter and a few very minor things. Compare them side by side on the vortex website; specifically the features section. In my opinion it is much better than the crossfire you just ordered (two series ahead as far as optical quality), for probably the about same price. If I were you, I'd order this diamondback any day of the week over the crossfire and send the crossfire back for a refund.

If you're just using it for daytime target shooting at 100 yards then you may not ever see the difference in the two. If you are hunting with it, the optical quality difference will show in those opportunities you get right as the sun is coming up or right before dark, or when a deer appears in the shadows of the treeline when you're looking across a 300 yard field. The optical quality differences are more pronounced in extreme situations that approach the limitations of the optics. It's hard to tell when you're comparing looking through scopes in a store like cabela's. Maybe the best scenario would be order both if you can, compare them side by side.

Back
Top Bottom