• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16x42 BDC sub $200 (58% off)

If you're just using it for daytime target shooting at 100 yards then you may not ever see the difference in the two. If you are hunting with it, the optical quality difference will show in those opportunities you get right as the sun is coming up or right before dark, or when a deer appears in the shadows of the treeline when you're looking across a 300 yard field. The optical quality differences are more pronounced in extreme situations that approach the limitations of the optics. It's hard to tell when you're comparing looking through scopes in a store like cabela's. Maybe the best scenario would be order both if you can, compare them side by side.
Great info. I appreciate you taking the time to reply in depth. But, looks like I waited too late. They appear to be gone now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Looks like it's marked as gone but coming soon. So maybe it will be back again. You can click notify me and it will alert you to when it's back in stock. No guarantee that it will be that price again, but then again it could be lower next time.

I don't remember a when the site figured it for your reticle subtensions. That would have been nice. But you should be able to still plug in your info into the vortex site, format your drop in MOA and then match it up to the yardage at which it's 1.5, 4.5, 7 5, and 11 MOA drop. Same thing on Berger's calculator. Nikon still has their spot on program up too. The only thing is it only calculates drop in inches only, no MOA, but that site is nice because it has a lot of factory load info saved on there. So you don't have to look up your bc, bullet length, fps, etc. You will just have to do some math and convert inches of drop to MOA.
This was with the first generation of the LRBC or the one 6-7 years ago it says on the current LRBC in red letters if you had an old account you have to register again and start over, like the Nikon you could select the vortex scope and reticle along with the other ballistic info and would calculate the info with the reticle hash marks as well as the drop charts etc. What they have now is a basic calculator nothing special!

Guys deal is back up at a even cheaper price $179 as of right now if you missed it last time here a second chance!!

Back
Top Bottom