• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wait on HPA or wait on stamp

Buy now. There are two points to think of, first, the more people that buy will make passage of a bill easier. Second, we had obamma care repeal legislation passed 6 times with the Republican led house. Of course it was vetoed by the idiot. Now we have a Republican president that said he'd repeal it as part of the platform he ran on. Where is the repeal legislation from the Republicrats now? Don't hold your breath on the HPA.

Buy now. There are two points to think of, first, the more people that buy will make passage of a bill easier. Second, we had obamma care repeal legislation passed 6 times with the Republican led house. Of course it was vetoed by the idiot. Now we have a Republican president that said he'd repeal it as part of the platform he ran on. Where is the repeal legislation from the Republicrats now? Don't hold your breath on the HPA.

There really is no political gain by passing the HPA. There's just no juice behind it for the average voter. Congressmen like mine get credit for co-sponsoring the bill and he can sit back while it dies in committee. Trump can get credit for saying he would sign it but the bill never hit his desk. Everybody plays to his base and nothing actually gets done.

I got cans and will make a bet my next pending can will be in my hands before HPA ever becomes a reality. In fact, when I go to submit again next weekish I'll make a thread and call it "Will I beat the HPA" and we shall see who wins

I think it will pass in 2017, but I would also say that you should get what you want now while business is slow.

When HPA gets passed it will create the biggest boom in suppressor sales in history. It won;t be a year waiting for a stamp, it'll be a year waiting for your back-order to be delivered.

If the consumer is willing to pay a $200 tax on them now, I can only imagine what a run on suppressors will cause on the cost. Eventually the market will stabilize if/after HPA passes....but it will be years.

I got cans and will make a bet my next pending can will be in my hands before HPA ever becomes a reality. In fact, when I go to submit again next weekish I'll make a thread and call it "Will I beat the HPA" and we shall see who wins
Alright. Man of my word. Popped for an Omega 45K today at LGS. Coming in tomorrow to fill out the paperwork (caught em at closing) and should have it all in the mail off to the Alphabet boys by Monday. Probably should be in NFA thread, and I'll probably head over there after this post, but let's see if my stamp comes back before HPA gets approved!

Back
Top Bottom