• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walmart in Monroe has 22lr on the shelves

Yes, cleaned out when it comes in. There are dept managers and clerks related to the "Macon Mafia" and they call when a shipment comes in. The store local to me does "not have 22 on their modular" which means, since it isn't on the planogram, the store cannot order it and it is not ordered via CGO (Computer Generated Ordering). All departments are managed this way. (I've done a bit of consulting with vendors working on Walmart modulars over the past ten years).

Anyway, we'll likely never see it on the shelves at Walmart here again. There is a huge population here that live on disability or are retired and have nothing to do but make the rounds every morning or answer their relatives' calls to come to the store. No matter to me really, when the neckbeards started asking 15 cents per round I moved on up the food chain to the competitive shooter's wholesalers and retailers and began buying ELEY and other match grade ammunition. If I'm paying 12 cents per round, I want quality, not blam blam blam crap.

As long as momos buy it at Smiley's Flea Market for $30 per brick, pea brained neckbeards here will buy it up at $25 and take it out there and stand in the sun all day selling it.
So I guess Macon never got the memo that the .22 panic is over. LMAO!

I keep an eye on ammoseek.com and get my 22 online these days. I'll buy the 325 count boxes of Federal Automatch at Academy or Walmart when they have it on the shelves, but I really don't care for Golden Bullet, and I absolutely HATE Winchester Super X.

It is nice to see some on the shelves-but holy crap I am amazed that about 5 years after Sandy Hook and finding 22 in stock is still difficult.

It is nice to see some on the shelves-but holy crap I am amazed that about 5 years after Sandy Hook and finding 22 in stock is still difficult.
Yeah, it's still pretty rare to see it at most Walmarts, and I sure do miss the days of $12 bricks. If I'd known then what I know now I would have STOCKED UP!

If you've never tried ammoseek.com then check it out sometime. You can score some pretty good deals on .22 there.

Academy has it on the shelves as well, plenty of it, and of course Adventure Outdoors has had pallets of .22LR on the shelves for 6 months...
I scored 6 of the 325-round boxes of Federal Automatch at Academy awhile back. It really wasn't a steal at $18.99 per box, but the guy behind the counter was like "I think I can only sell you 3 boxes of this" then he looked at it and said "Oh, it's only got 325 bullets in each box, so I think I can sell you 6 boxes".

It's one of the very few times in my life I've been glad that the guy behind the gun counter had no clue what the hell he was doing. LOL

I've been looking for this type for several years. Haven't seen it on Walmart's shelves for quite a while.

Attachments

• 22 ammo 1.JPG
    22 ammo 1.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 11
That is what I started buying about 8 years ago. A box every trip to Wally, bought groceries every week. Was about to the point of not buying anymore when Sandy Hook hit.

Ended that deliberation, was none to be had......

I like the Federal Automatch 40 grain stuff, but it's incredibly dirty. The copper washed stuff was clean and I could shoot a whole box with out having to clean the weapon. I have to stop and clean the gun every 100 rounds or so with the automatch or it will start malfunctioning...

So I guess Macon never got the memo that the .22 panic is over. LMAO!

I keep an eye on ammoseek.com and get my 22 online these days. I'll buy the 325 count boxes of Federal Automatch at Academy or Walmart when they have it on the shelves, but I really don't care for Golden Bullet, and I absolutely HATE Winchester Super X.
^^^This^^^

Back
Top Bottom