• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walmart - Manager Imposed Ammo Limit

This^. Many gun stores have a limit on how much ammo you can buy right now. For instance, TruPrep is 5 boxes per person per day.

I would expect the manager to have some leeway in how his store is run. Why does it matter or change anything if it’s posted or not? I have never seen a store that has ALL of their policies publicly posted.

Can't argue that but do you realize how long you normally have to wait for someone to open the damn ammo cabinet???

Can't argue that but do you realize how long you normally have to wait for someone to open the damn ammo cabinet???

No, I don’t buy my ammo from Walmart. Currently, I’m not buying ammo from anywhere, as I am more than amply stocked with everything I need. Took care of that a looooong time ago.

Interesting encounter in Walmart today - I stopped into one that had limited rifle and shotgun ammo. I asked for someone to open the ammo case and since shotgun ammo is outside the locker, I put about 10 25rd boxes of 20ga in may cart. When the employee arrived with they key, she said "you can only have 2 boxes". I challenged her because there is no sign up. She went to ask the store manager then came back and said "nope, 2 boxes". She also said "we're just doing this because of the riots".

I went to customer service and found the CSM (customer service manager). She showed me the nationwide policy on what they call "the wire" (as of right now) that says there is no limit on ammo and customers can purchase as much as they want. She walked back to the sporting goods counter with me and said she'd go inform the store manager. She came back and said "well, she's my boss and she said 2 boxes due to limited supply, we also have the right to refuse sale to anyone for any reason". I assume they meant 2 boxes per day per customer but never could confirm what the "made up" policy was.

I know Walmart has previously imposed ammo limits but there isn't one in place right now but seems store managers can make their own rules.

So there's that.

I have been buying .12g from the Wal-Mart's in the Hood. No limit, and all half price , because they have the Red Tags on boxes ! But things might have changed this week.

I don't normally go except for TP and Orange juice for my Bride oh also Vitamins. For the hell of it I went by sporting goods and no problem with ammo limits...All but some 12gauge are gone...All the shelves are bare...

Capture+_2021-01-12-14-15-11-1.png

Back
Top Bottom