• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Want To Buy: Clean Underwear

Noted something else too regarding "mixed" brass. I had to sort out a bunch of A-MERC (American Ammunition Co., 3545 NW 71st St, Miami, FL 33147 USA) brass due to improper manufacturing. There is no rebate above the rim and it jams the 1050 since it won't slide into the plate. Pain in the ass to sort a bucket of brass to cull 50 pieces.
Pics show (L to R) A-Merc with rebate, A-Merc without, and a Winchester case for comparison.
20220308_102026.jpg
20220308_102033.jpg

Yeah, 1050s/1100s are spooky for that one reason, IMHO. Since it primes on the downstroke, you are very unlikely to feel any obstructions in the way of the soon-to-be-seated primer. A "ringer" like the OP is having or a "Large Primer trying to go into a Small Primer Pocket" is likely to result in the same scary moment. This is why I refuse to load 45 or 10mm on my 1050s. It's too easy to let a piece of SP brass slip in when you're setup with LPs....

I'm glad that you didn't detonate the entire path. I have a friend who has done that three times while loading the "ShellShok" hybrid 9mm brass. The ceiling above his loader looks like he's had an accidental discharge with a 12 gauge. He has come really close to selling me his 1050 really cheap.

Whatcha doin' with all those wadcutters? I gotta assume some sort of competition. Must not be precision or you wouldn't be mixing brass.

Me, I got pretty good at the Atlanta bowling pin shoots with a revolver a few years back. Nothing like that in central TX, very sad to say.

Loading a couple thousand rounds of midrange wadcutters and ran out of clean Starline brass, so I switched to PPU. Never had a primer "bench pop" on the 1050 (or 650 for that matter). The way it primes it's highly unlikely to set the magazine off, but the noise and smell will make you poop your pants a little.
View attachment 4063846
Damn haven’t had a bench pop, and after 25 yrs, I just know my turn is coming...lol

Noted something else too regarding "mixed" brass. I had to sort out a bunch of A-MERC (American Ammunition Co., 3545 NW 71st St, Miami, FL 33147 USA) brass due to improper manufacturing. There is no rebate above the rim and it jams the 1050 since it won't slide into the plate. Pain in the ass to sort a bucket of brass to cull 50 pieces.
Pics show (L to R) A-Merc with rebate, A-Merc without, and a Winchester case for comparison.View attachment 4063954View attachment 4063955
Are those balloon head casings perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom