Want to learn how to ride a motorcycle

I think starting on a dirt bike helped me. Learn how to slide and stay upright off road, makes a lot of situations easier on the street I think. Depending on your size, you can have a lot of cheap fun on an XR100 or XR200.

MSF safety course 100%. Classroom work and a lot of riding on manageable sized bikes that they provide or you can bring your own if pre-approved. It literally takes you from A-Z and is designed for people who have zero experience riding. I went through it many many years ago. Good stuff.

All of it's geared towards the State test to get your M class license. They actually give the test at the end of the class and you ride the bike you've been riding during the class. Once you get your certificate you just go to the DMV and hand it to them and they update your license.

https://www.msf-usa.org/

That HD course was the biggest waste of time. Idk why you guys all loved it so much. They stretched out about 30 minutes of googling over two days and forced us to walk through their showroom full of ugly ass wannabe cool old guy clothes and told us about their sweet discounts for course takers. Yeah so 10% off of overpriced BS, great...

Then on top of that they have a 100% pass rate. Some of the turds in that class should be NO WHERE NEAR A PUBLIC STREET but now have licenses... I highly recommend spending an hour online and buying a dirt bike to tinker in your yard with if you're that ****ing bad at riding.

I second on the cheap bike. My BIL bought a new Ducati and layed it down 3 times while learning (All at low speeds). Couldn't sell it for nearly what he owed when it was all said and done.

Watch out for minivans wherever you see them......

Yep, granny in her dodge minivan took me out a couple of years ago. 7 broken ribs and a permanently separated shoulder

I think starting on a dirt bike helped me. Learn how to slide and stay upright off road, makes a lot of situations easier on the street I think. Depending on your size, you can have a lot of cheap fun on an XR100 or XR200.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What you learn on the dirt will save your but on the street......

Back
Top Bottom