• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wanting to get into reloading

77REBELBOWTIE

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
When I was a kid, my dad used to reload and I would sit and watch, occasionally I would get to help. We had intentions of getting back into it , a few years ago, but health issues put a halt to it. He still had all of his old equipment and had been buying new equipment and supplies. I'm wanting to setup and start using it. I know this is not the best time to get into it, due to lack of supplies and the expense. I will be going through the older posts and discussions, but I'm sure there will still be questions. I appreciate any help and information I can get. Hoping that I can find someone fairly close to me, that maybe would let me look at their setup and teach me a few things.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Start with easy cartridges like 9mm or 45ACP. There is plenty of load data available for both from reliable sources as well as several good reloaders on youtube to get you started with setting up your press and basics.

I've bought some new books and have all of my dad's old books that cover from the 70s to now. I have a decent amount of materials to get me started.
7256be996071d35295872a2462e61a7b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Start with easy cartridges like 9mm or 45ACP. There is plenty of load data available for both from reliable sources as well as several good reloaders on youtube to get you started with setting up your press and basics.
I wouldn’t go 9 for sure with a newby
Most ball powders give an opportunity for a double charge.
They all should start with Unique/TRAILBOSS. the most forgiving. Slow but u can’t double charge charge

Read the manuals and you'll have a huge head start on the process over anything you're going to learn from youtubeuniversity.
To much material to start out with. K.I.S.S. 1 load 1 powder till you are comfortable and you’ve shot plenty of yr own rnds.

There are HUGE RABBIT HOLES U CAN FALL INTO AND SH.t can REALLY go wrong real quick.
consistency is the key even pulling the pew pew arm to charge weight

Read the manuals and you'll have a huge head start on the process over anything you're going to learn from youtubeuniversity.

I hear this all the time and I don’t get it. I’ve never read a manual and have only had 3 squibs, one bulged barrel, and still have 9 perfectly good fingers.

Back
Top Bottom