• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

warhorse photo shoot

So I was thinking of NOT sharing this story but I will. 3 years ago I was about to purchase a similar rifle from a local collector. I was about to make the purchase and BAM I was laid off. I had to call the Garand Collector and explain why I could not purchase the rifle. He understood. So, in the meantime I strared my own business and patiently waited for opportunity to show herself to me again. Thank sweet baby Jesus it did. I called the collector and he agreed to sell me another rifle. I am very proud of this weapon. In a small way I owe my life to this weapon. My Grandfather carried this weapon through Italy and it got him back home safe. ( kinda back to the future ish) LOL.

Very cool story. Must make getting that rifle even more satisfying

Buy lots of ammo while you can at reasonable prices.
I am ...I am getting some tomorrow, Probably make a large bulk buy in the near future, Need enough now to practice and get ready for the Garand shoot/match a River bend Gun Club. I want to master this weapon and get it down pat.

Here is a pic of my Pop.

1943 ish. Camp Hale CO.

d27790xjhw2fza.cloudfront.net_as_assets_mem_com_cmi_7_7_7_8_58aae04f6da02216f8f5599fd9916478d4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom