• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Warning Bargain Barn Jasper Ga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the attorneys not get a subpoena for the 4473 and BB's inventory of the firearm? Seems like that'd be the best way to get it settled if principle is the issue

It's the bound book that needs to be looked at to see where it came from. I think the ATF would squash that though or come and do an audit. The confidentiality of our records is on par with the IRS.

Please don't take offense to what I'm going to say b/c I don't intend it to be offensive but so far I haven't read anything that proves the gun was used. What exactly about the gun gives you the impression it was used? Ruger factory test fires their guns and doesn't clean it. I've had thousands of guns go through my bound book and I've seen new guns from distributors that were dirty as hell and used guns that brand new.

There is no exact definition of what the term 'new' means either. Is a never shot firearm that has been man handled for 5 years new? Is a gun that was test fired on premises but not sold still new? What about a gun purchased on ODT as BNIB and then resold by a dealer? My point is everyone has a different expectation of what new is. To me, a gun is new if it came from a distributor or another dealer. It's never considered new coming from a non licensee. Even if it was really never used, I'd sell it as used b/c that's my standard.

Hyatt Law Group is an employee benefits law service. If you're lucky, maybe you can get them to write a demand letter for you. But if you want to sue, you're going to have file in smalls claim court yourself. You say you were a FFL holder before right? You're not getting your money back so do what dealers do best, negotiate a deal. Get some free ammo, store credit, etc...

The hundred dollar question is do you like the gun? If so, maybe consider just letting it go b/c it was a gift and it's the thought and the memories that count.

nothing personal here either , but im not supprised by your reasoning being that youre a dealer especially with the thoughts youre prevaying, I have indeed held an FFL in the past and have received used guns that were boxed and sent to me as new , some were guns that had been sent back to supplier as defective for return to factory and they claimed they were restocked by mistake instead of being returned to factory, and some were promotional guns that the manf used sporting events and sold to supplier for discount ,but supplier simply sent them out as new guns, any way point being it dosnt take a rocket scientest to know by examing a gun if its been well used, when i was in business if i received guns in that condition ,i returned them to supplier , i valued my customers and i would not cheat them of their hard earned money by selling them such weapons ,especially to the ones that knew nothing about guns, and the answer is no i do not like the gun because it is used and was sold as new, althou i love the fact that my wife purchased it for me , but what angers me is they TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HER IGNORANCE OF GUNS, i think that would tick off any husband that loves their wife , it made her feel really bad that she had attempted to make a wonderfull christmas for me ,and they so blindly took her, the answer is not just letting it go , the answer is spreading the word and hitting them where it hurts , in the bill fold thats where people like these keep their juggular veins.

I can't stand that place. I've never been back since they moved several years ago and the new location burned. I'd rather drive to a mom and pop shop than that craphole.

Pictures of said gun?

How do u know it is used?

its rather plan by the amount of wear on the outside top of the barrel chamber and wear beneath slide and around tip of barrel muzzle and its loaded with brass shavings through out the slide area,in my opinion this gun has had well in excess of 100 rounds fired , also the box was crushed and greasy finger prints all over the exterior and interior, but she didnt know what to look for , she simply took their word that it was new, which wasnt her fault, she was just a victim of shister practices

its rather plan by the amount of wear on the outside top of the barrel chamber and wear beneath slide and around tip of barrel muzzle and its loaded with brass shavings through out the slide area,in my opinion this gun has had well in excess of 100 rounds fired , also the box was crushed and greasy finger prints all over the exterior and interior, but she didnt know what to look for , she simply took their word that it was new, which wasnt her fault, she was just a victim of shister practices

Picture?

The problem with your claim is that in court they will say that it was a new gun and you shot it after purchasing it.
I don't doubt your claim, but they have lost a lot of good will with the sale and I bet they won't do it again.

This is what I was thinking. Proving the gun has not been fired after the purchase will be hard to do. Not doubting what they did at all. Just a hard one to prove.

Make sure your wife feels like it is not her fault. She tried, which is better than most. I don't blame you at all for being po'd but I would not let her know about it. It will only make her feel bad, like she screwed up. I would tell her it is an awesome gift and tell her you love it. Then I would tell every gun person I know about this incident, which you already did here, and never deal with BB again.

This is what I was thinking. Proving the gun has not been fired after the purchase will be hard to do. Not doubting what they did at all. Just a hard one to prove.

Make sure your wife feels like it is not her fault. She tried, which is better than most. I don't blame you at all for being po'd but I would not let her know about it. It will only make her feel bad, like she screwed up. I would tell her it is an awesome gift and tell her you love it. Then I would tell every gun person I know about this incident, which you already did here, and never deal with BB again.

This ^^^. Great advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom