• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Warning Bargain Barn Jasper Ga

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not just an accusation , it just the plain truth, and whats on the receipt is the price for a new gun, and the head of the gun dept down there tried to stand there and tell me it wasnt used , this isnt my first rodeo , as i said i know guns, and as for legal ramifications , i say if they so choose to do so then please bring them on as i have full services of the hyatt law group, and thank you for bringing that to my thought , the hyatt group will also protect me against preditory marketors ,i didnt think of that, hey this is good thanks man.

Call them, if this is true, and I have no reason to doubt you as I have a bad view of BB, then there is some "justice" that may be had. I would make sure the lawyer you talked with knew about firearms and understood that industry though. I see too many attorneys shy away from such issues because guns are involved.

The problem with your claim is that in court they will say that it was a new gun and you shot it after purchasing it.
I don't doubt your claim, but they have lost a lot of good will with the sale and I bet they won't do it again.
I have bought several guns there without a problem. I miss the old store and don't understand how they stay in business and this
won't help.
Merry Christmas

Your on the property of an FFL, where paperwork and background checks are required for the purchase of a firearm.

A FFL holder is not required to facilitate a private party sale b/w two in-state residents. I think the only legal issue is whether or not the dealer wants that kind of activity on their property. The parking lot is not considered the 'premises' anyway. The building is the 'premises' as that is where official business is conducted. I know this b/c the ATF would have given me the green light for my drive-through transfer idea....I've said too much.

Since the fire, the rebuilt store has had a "no loaded firearms" sign on the door. I CC loaded, so I choose to spend my money at Cherokee Gun and Pawn. If a business has a no firearms policy, I will spend my money where I am welcome.

its not just an accusation , it just the plain truth, and whats on the receipt is the price for a new gun, and the head of the gun dept down there tried to stand there and tell me it wasnt used , this isnt my first rodeo , as i said i know guns, and as for legal ramifications , i say if they so choose to do so then please bring them on as i have full services of the hyatt law group, and thank you for bringing that to my thought , the hyatt group will also protect me against preditory marketors ,i didnt think of that, hey this is good thanks man.

Please don't take offense to what I'm going to say b/c I don't intend it to be offensive but so far I haven't read anything that proves the gun was used. What exactly about the gun gives you the impression it was used? Ruger factory test fires their guns and doesn't clean it. I've had thousands of guns go through my bound book and I've seen new guns from distributors that were dirty as hell and used guns that brand new.

There is no exact definition of what the term 'new' means either. Is a never shot firearm that has been man handled for 5 years new? Is a gun that was test fired on premises but not sold still new? What about a gun purchased on ODT as BNIB and then resold by a dealer? My point is everyone has a different expectation of what new is. To me, a gun is new if it came from a distributor or another dealer. It's never considered new coming from a non licensee. Even if it was really never used, I'd sell it as used b/c that's my standard.

Hyatt Law Group is an employee benefits law service. If you're lucky, maybe you can get them to write a demand letter for you. But if you want to sue, you're going to have file in smalls claim court yourself. You say you were a FFL holder before right? You're not getting your money back so do what dealers do best, negotiate a deal. Get some free ammo, store credit, etc...

The hundred dollar question is do you like the gun? If so, maybe consider just letting it go b/c it was a gift and it's the thought and the memories that count.

In the last couple of years I have bought several guns from them. They have the best prices even with me having to drive 75 miles one way. Everyone I have dealt with were nice polite went out of their way on a couple of guns I purchased. Sorry you had a bad experience but I have never and will continue to do business as long as they continue to keep there prices low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom