Warning of Upcoming Checkpoints - Is this legal?

Didn't an appeals court rule that the flashing of one's brights to warn of a speed trap to be an expression of free speech? Thereby constitutionally protected?
SCOTUS said it was a form of free speech.You would think that all the guys complaining about the "law" would at least KNOW a little about the law.I would believe the person standing would fall into the same category. Still a firm if free speech.

Times change... They used to have check points twice a year when I was in High School... They just randomly pulled over Highschoolers and went through the different features/functions of their vehicles.... I got a warning once from that....

SCOTUS said it was a form of free speech.You would think that all the guys complaining about the "law" would at least KNOW the law.I would believe the person standing would fall into the same category. Still a firm if free speech.

Sorry Ken, but believing will get a person in a lot of trouble. I would prefer knowing.

Considering that road checks in GA are required to have signs alerting drivers of a road check ahead, I doubt that a citizen standing along the side of the road with their own sign warning of the road check would cause much of a stir...

Considering that road checks in GA are required to have signs alerting drivers of a road check ahead, I doubt that a citizen standing along the side of the road with their own sign warning of the road check would cause much of a stir...

Where did you find this jlw?? I search google and nothing.I don't think that's a requirement in GA. I've went through quite a few in my life here and never saw a sigh posted, been here since birth. I visited wife's uncle in California a year or so ago now they do there and it's in the local newspaper the day before too.

did find this only Ga roadblock registry. http://www.roadblock.org/roadblocks/Georgia/

They had a road block in Sandy Springs the other day where they were checking people for tags, blinker lights and other basic violations. I have also seen this in Roswell. I have seen DUI checkpoints in Alpharetta and Dunwoody. I don't know if people pay attention to major legislation but CISPA did everything but repeal the fourth amendment. I you don't know what CISPA is and or if your representatives voted for it then you have failed. Obama recently signed the 2014 NDAA which basically dismantles the bill of rights and was fast tracked through the Republican House. The 2nd amendment is on the chopping block as is the first amendment if you think you will be living in a Constitutional Republic in the next five years then I would concur to go stand in front of a roadblock with a sign if that makes you feel better.

They had a road block in Sandy Springs the other day where they were checking people for tags, blinker lights and other basic violations. I have also seen this in Roswell. I have seen DUI checkpoints in Alpharetta and Dunwoody. I don't know if people pay attention to major legislation but CISPA did everything but repeal the fourth amendment. I you don't know what CISPA is and or if your representatives voted for it then you have failed. Obama recently signed the 2014 NDAA which basically dismantles the bill of rights and was fast tracked through the Republican House. The 2nd amendment is on the chopping block as is the first amendment if you think you will be living in a Constitutional Republic in the next five years then I would concur to go stand in front of a roadblock with a sign if that makes you feel better.

Wonder how those would hold up against the Constitution?
http://www.casebriefs.com/blog/law/...-and-seizure/city-of-indianapolis-v-edmond-2/

SCOTUS said it was a form of free speech.You would think that all the guys complaining about the "law" would at least KNOW a little about the law.I would believe the person standing would fall into the same category. Still a firm if free speech.

I fail to see a correlation here. Knowing a specific law and finding it unjust doesn't mean that one can't inquire about the legality of a separate unrelated action. In other words, saying no-knock warrants = bad law doesn't mean the OP should know if it's legal to hold a sign proceeding a roadblock. Hell, cops don't even know the law anymore.

I was referring to those that have said "you/I will get arrested if I warn others.
Several have complained and said this will happen even though several inherent have said its legal.

Where did you find this jlw?? I search google and nothing.I don't think that's a requirement in GA. I've went through quite a few in my life here and never saw a sigh posted, been here since birth. I visited wife's uncle in California a year or so ago now they do there and it's in the local newspaper the day before too.

did find this only Ga roadblock registry. http://www.roadblock.org/roadblocks/Georgia/

The GA Supreme Court handed down a list of requirements for road checks, and signage is one of them.

The court recently adopted some additional requirements:

http://www.pacga.org/site/protected_docs/fyi_10_21_13_Roadblocks.pdf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom