• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Warning........Received

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rule says "sarcastic GLWS comments". If it can be construed as sarcastic, it's treated as such.
It's a judgement call. If we perceive it as sarcasm though, somebody else likely would too.

Based on your comment, GLWS is not banned, but it is not to be used sarcastically. THAT has been the case for a number of years, maybe 4, I don't know. It sounded like if GLWS was used at all, one would get a warning. VHinch, make a note of this, because you don't hear it from me often, "Thank you for your reply and clarification".

Understand that it was not the war that broke me, it was the peace. Having the discipline and skills drilled into me was one thing...not giving them an outlet was another.....and that's why the crawlspace is full of dead hookers.

Mods, thank you for providing me with a safe space. All these GLWS microagressions had me feeling pretty triggered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input member since 2016 with 2 messages and 0 feedback......I'll probably get a warning for this......

Welcome to the ODT BTW

:thumb::welcome:

Ok it wasn't the first rule of the site, but it has been around for years now, I took the question as wanting to know if it was new. GLWS is a not so subtle "good luck with that" sarcastic response. It is well known around the internet as such.

OP got a simple rules reminder that carries with it no weight at all.

Yes sometimes people mean well, that is why it isn't heavily enforsed, but then again how can we know how any comment was meant? You want us to only enforce it when it was meant sarcastically, but too would require "mind reading" as you and others seem to hate so much.

Common sense ain't so common anymore.

Okuma Okuma sen
Positive responces are fine, and factual questions are fine, but anything that can be construed as negative is not allowed.
The one exception is pointing out an obvious misrepresentation such as an item advertised as a Sig, but the picture is of a Glock.

But this doesn't make sense.....you said "nope" to me saying "nice rifle, good price, GLWS"....are you saying that's not allowed but I can say "perty rife, I hope you sail it"????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom