Washing hunting clothes

I have always washed them as normal or without as much detergent and spray myself down before entering the woods. This year I'll be using baking soda. After all its odor eliminating, natural, cheap and I've heard good things about it. Has anyone tried borax? I have wondered about trying that for a few years now. Just remember not to buy into all the commercials your see on tv or the advertising in the big box stores. The most important thing is to hunt the wind. You could probably spray yourself down with axe and hunt with the wind in your face and kill deer.....you may attract every mosquito in the county though.
Don't use normal detergent, you will smell like an artificial flower in the woods. Go with post #6 and you will be good.

Are you talking about Arm and Hammet detergent or baking soda? I have heard a lot about baking soda. Do they sell a odorless detergent as well?

Scent free detergent and hang dry in sun......if no sun out use drier and no dryer sheets obviously......then I use scent eliminator spray.
Your biggest problem is going to be body scent.
I use scent max body wash/shampoo in one......it has a little aloe type smell while using it but once dry you can't detect any body smell.
Then I put on scent free deodorant and spray (my skin) with scent eliminator spray in areas that sweat a lot like my hair, back and armpits...etc.

Then put my clothes on after spraying them down and letting them dry.

I keep my boots in a cardboard box full of pine branches and a chunk of pine sap and throw my hunting clothes in there between hunts.

Back
Top Bottom