• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Watch those Loading Habits

Petro_58

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
20   0
Reaction score
One of the guys on another forum posted this yesterday, I got busy and forgot to post it. Old age creeping up.

Just a sobering reminder that hit very close to home. My brother in law went shooting with a group of Boy Scouts. One of the adult leaders brought his 44 mag that he reloads for. He asked my brother in law if he wanted to try it out. What resulted was the revolver exploding in my brother in laws hands. Miraculously, even with him being surrounded by Scouts on both sides, not a single person got injured. Not even a burn mark or scratch on my brother in laws hands. Truly a modern day miracle. The issue was assumed to be a double charged load. Be careful out there everyone!

gun.jpg

I'll take it.

Glad everyone was ok.
I always choose a charge that is 70% or more in capacity. No chance of a double charge without compression.

Always use a flashlight and look into every round loaded before seating any bullets. When using a single stage press.
Do not load when in a hurry, or tired...

Using a progressive always have a powder alert that will sound with an alert buzzer, whether the case is over loaded or under under loaded.

Yes these extras are expensive but can really help in the long run. How much is your limbs or eyes worth to you?

Safety is not inexpensive but neither is losing a limb or yourself, or someones else's life....

Back
Top Bottom