• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Water front reloading while on vacation

PA4476

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
168   0
Reaction score
We went to Panama City last week, stayed in the St Andrews camp grounds right on the water. Stayed a week, so had lots of free time. Fished some (no luck), floated in the water a little, read a good book (Chris Kyles "American Guns") Done a lot of walking (our puppy Bella loves to tour the camp ground and visit the other dogs, and of course P on everything). And reloaded 100 9mm Largo and 100 380 acp's.

I took one of my smaller presses, dies, brass, bullets, primers, powder and a set of scales with me. I mounted the press to a small piece of 1x12, then C-clamped it to the pick-nic table. Done everything except powder charging outside, took them into the camper to charge them, started the bullets in and then finished loading outside. Was very nice out and enjoyed the time spent with my wife and puppy Bella. Will probably do this again next time we go camping. Pics below.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpgIMG_7330.JPG

Last edited:
How was the campground?

It was nice, this was our second trip down to the same park. Real quiet (except for the USAF jets flying over a couple times a day) clean bath houses, and we were pretty secluded in our spot. I could have parked the truck beside the camper to block off anyone seeing into the camp. Water was real clear (Grand Lagoon).
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

looks like good area for crab and flounder - do any night stalking in the shallows?

I walked out into the water 10 feet or so with my flashlight one night, saw several crabs and a few shrimp. I snagged a crab with my fishing pole when he came too close to the bank. But I turned him loose. Caught one little shrimp and a small crab by hand that night.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom