• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Water Heater Failure----HELP

You have a shutoff on the water company side of the meter. Might have to dig it out but it's in the box I swear.

Monday morning HELL:mad: Cant get anyone (Plumber) out today... Lowes can get someone tomorrow morning. Quoted $653.92 For a Whirlpool 50 gallon gas heater. Installed ......:(

Good price since they only charge $80 to install it (or close to that). I'd call the county/city and get them to come turn off the water at the street and then deal with no water for a day. That would be cheapest in the long run. If you dont want to wait that long, go buy a water heater and ill come do it for $140.i know it's high but it would be 1.5 hours drive each way and gas is still over $3 a gallon.

Good price since they only charge $80 to install it (or close to that). I'd call the county/city and get them to come turn off the water at the street and then deal with no water for a day. That would be cheapest in the long run. If you dont want to wait that long, go buy a water heater and ill come do it for $140.i know it's high but it would be 1.5 hours drive each way and gas is still over $3 a gallon.

Thanks for the offer Sniper. I would have rather sent my business to an ODT member..... But I got Lowes to try and come today if not first thing in the morning. I turned the water off at the street. PIA I cant understand why no in House valve... :mad:

The plot thickins... Just got a call from Lowes. The plumbing department said the sales folks didnt have an "Expansion Tank" in their quote brought my total up another $100 :mad: Said the expansion tank is a Forsyth Cty code requirement... Friggen government!

The plot thickins... Just got a call from Lowes. The plumbing department said the sales folks didnt have an "Expansion Tank" in their quote brought my total up another $100 :mad: Said the expansion tank is a Forsyth Cty code requirement... Friggen government!

Tell em to stick the expansion tank. Code don't apply to the homeowner and They're not selling your house. But you do need the tank if you can afford it. It's just a way to get you to pay more

Ask them if they plan on pulling a permit and having an inspector give approval before receiving payment.

Back
Top Bottom