• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ways to Get Government Issued Identification with Current Address

Your paper copy will work. Unless your ffl doesn't know what they are doing. Also they are supposed to accept a fishing/hunting license. All they are losing for is an address match. I went through a similar thing about a year ago but luckily my ffl knows what they are doing and let me use my hunting license.

Your paper copy will work. Unless your ffl doesn't know what they are doing. Also they are supposed to accept a fishing/hunting license. All they are losing for is an address match. I went through a similar thing about a year ago but luckily my ffl knows what they are doing and let me use my hunting license.
I'm afraid they won't take it because it's not a paper copy from going to the actual DMV, I did it online. SO it doesn't have my picture on it and It clearly says "This receipt may not serve as proof of identity for any reason, But Maybe if I used this and my license it would work? because the receipt has the new address on it, but my license has the old address

I was just talking to my friend about this! I see no need for the government to have my address. Seems like a stupid rule to me.

The FFL has to determine residency to complete the transaction. He can sell you the long gun if you are a resident of another state, but if you are from one of the bizarro states (Illinois) he has to comply with the laws of both states. So to make his life simple he wants to confirm that you are resident of Georgia.

The government won't have your address, the FFL will.

The FFL has to determine residency to complete the transaction. He can sell you the long gun if you are a resident of another state, but if you are from one of the bizarro states (Illinois) he has to comply with the laws of both states. So to make his life simple he wants to confirm that you are resident of Georgia.

The government won't have your address, the FFL will.
I understand, I guess they couldn't use my old residency because I could have moved out of state. I just don't want to wait another week for my new license to come in. I'm trying to find another solution. Seems like every gun store is different when it comes to what they will take. I am going up there tomorrow to ask them what all I could possibly bring to verify my address.

[QUOTE="Qbange1, post: 5575334, member: 58474" Seems like every gun store is different when it comes to what they will take.[/QUOTE]

Yep, a little bit of the free enterprise system still exists.

Back
Top Bottom