• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

We bought our first Camper! Now what do we do

Late to the Party, but Old Salem Campground on Lake Oconee is nice - on the water on a peninsula, little beach, swim, fish, nearby boat ramp and it's close enough that you can park the trailer, go back for the boat if you want to.

Closes Labor Day though, so have to hurry. I'd recommend it for a shake down trip.

Also, if you want to work on the holding tanks or something, there's a campground right outside Bishop.

Clarke County has a dump station off Whit Davis, and I think Oconee County lets you dump at the treatment facility in Watkinsville.

Hey guys,
Thanks for all your advice, tips and tricks!

Just wanted to give yall an update

We already have 3 trips planned - Moccasin Creek, Richard B russell, and Stone mountian

I took the camper to Town and Country campers (thanks BangBang BangBang ) to have it checked out, pack the bearings and put new tires on it and a new spare. I also had them seal the roof and caulk the joints. They are also installing a used fantastic fan and max air unit. (these are all things I could have done but don't have time)

I'm planning to buy a huge carport to store the camper, boat, tractor, and ditch witch under

I've also got like 32 items in my amazon/walmart karts lol

I'm going to buy a camp chef, griddle and dutch oven for cooking

Thanks again!

Here is a long list of things to bring/buy. several items are wants. I'm not gonna buy all of it

Kitchen
oven mitts
paper towels
trash bags
cleaner
dawn
zip lock bags
scatchy pads
table cloths
thumb tacks
plasticware
Tupperwares small and large
broom and dust pan
cooking utensils
kitchen knife
tongs
mixing bowl
condiments
coffee pot
coffee cups
coffee filter
cutting board
roasting forks
measuring cup
Aluminum foil
cooking oil
flour
sugar
seasoning
toothpicks

Toilet
Toilet paper (camper)
hand soap
sanitizer
tooth brush
tooth paste
deodorant
sandals
towels
shampoo
wash cloths
hair brush
basic meds
peroxide

Food
Coffee
ramen
water
snacks
ice
Charcoal

Tools and such
Head lamp
flashlight
lantern
tool kit
first aid kit
griddle
propane
extension cords
tarp
rope
pressure gauge
lighters
fire starter
duct tape
knife
dutch oven
chimney starter
leather gloves
saw
ax
Cooler
sunscreen
bug spray
hats
stakes
tent
camp grill
camp chairs
folding table
rain gear
Meat Thermometer
tool kit
screw driver
pliars
shovel

RV stuff
leveling blocks
full propane tanks
good battery
full water tank if needed
cord adapters
outdoor rug
pillows
blankets
fire wood
coaxial cable
storage bins
extra sewer hose
fire extinguishers
jack
4 way lug wrench
led lights
solar charger

kids stuff
diapers
wipes
board games
cards
paper and crayons
glow sticks
movies

I skimmed the thread so apologies of duplicate.

Buy a good 12 volt air compressor. Good tires. Replace them before they look worn out. Definitely replace all of them if one pops. Park the tires on stall mats when not in use. Check the pressure before you leave every time. Have a good Jack and lug wrench on hand. Seeing a trend here yet? You won't wear them out. They will dry rot from the inside out.

Get an adapter for your jacks that you can put on your drill or impact. Get an outdoor rug. Something simple is fine. Sewer hose and water hose and go have fun.

As for things for the kids to do. Hard to beat a bike rack on the back. And bring their bike helmets.

Hey guys,
Thanks for all your advice, tips and tricks!

Just wanted to give yall an update

We already have 3 trips planned - Moccasin Creek, Richard B russell, and Stone mountian

I took the camper to Town and Country campers (thanks BangBang BangBang ) to have it checked out, pack the bearings and put new tires on it and a new spare. I also had them seal the roof and caulk the joints. They are also installing a used fantastic fan and max air unit. (these are all things I could have done but don't have time)

I'm planning to buy a huge carport to store the camper, boat, tractor, and ditch witch under

I've also got like 32 items in my amazon/walmart karts lol

I'm going to buy a camp chef, griddle and dutch oven for cooking

Thanks again!
I’m gonna tell Davey he owes me some commission!

On second thought, nah. He’d just tell me to **** off.

:pound:

Forgot black tank chemical. FYI Scott's single ply breaks down faster than the r.v. stuff. Your bumper might not be adequate for a bike rack. Check out R.V. receivers that bolt to the frame. I know, kids love the bikes but the rig to carry them cost more than the bikes. I bolted fork locks to a board and mine ride in the camper

Back
Top Bottom