• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Weed control with dogs in yard -

Grazeon is safe to use with animals present. You need a license to buy it.

It kills everything but grass and is persistant, unlike roundup.

Best thing I know to do is try and establish the lawn you have to keep the weeds choked out. Use lawn restore as a fertilizer, keep the grass (weeds) cut weekly to keep them from going to seed and bag the clippings to mitigate seed spread. And dig in because it will be a season long battle depending on the type of weeds you have.

Safer Brand Ringer Lawn Restore, Lawn Fertilizer - 25 Pounds https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GBVCJ1U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BoUCCb8FXAFFF

It's Grazon not Grazeon, Grazon is for pastures and 2-4D is the lowest allowable concentrate that can be sold publicly for usage on residential and commercial turfgrass usually unless you have a pesticide applicators license,but there is a vast difference between the 2,not only in application,but usage as well.Apparently trying to speak in the native tongue confused a member here FSCU is short for Fescue,You can apply a weed n feed now on fescue as it is a cool season grass, Mooder aka Bermuda grass is a warm season grass,it can become damaged by fertilizing it too early with a weed n feed.I'd wait till april to do so.

30+ yrs in lawn care and having gone to ABAC taught me a lot more than many regarding Turf Management

Do try to keep up

It's Grazon not Grazeon, Grazon is for pastures and 2-4D is the lowest allowable concentrate that can be sold publicly for usage on residential and commercial turfgrass usually unless you have a pesticide applicators license,but there is a vast difference between the 2,not only in application,but usage as well.Apparently trying to speak in the native tongue confused a member here FSCU is short for Fescue,You can apply a weed n feed now on fescue as it is a cool season grass, Mooder aka Bermuda grass is a warm season grass,it can become damaged by fertilizing it too early with a weed n feed.I'd wait till april to do so.

30+ yrs in lawn care and having gone to ABAC taught me a lot more than many regarding Turf Management

Do try to keep up
What about rye grass? I’ve got weeds popping up all over!

Do try to keep up

Who has fescue for a lawn anyways?

I'm sorry we didn't recognize that you were a professional. Just trying to help out a fellow ODTer.
Maybe you should have volunteered your credentials in your fist post, like you did in this post, and you could have left off the snide remark at the end. JMO

Wow,Hearing that snide comment from you is stellar,apparently you might have missed me posting on here a few times about my background in Turf and lawn care.

Regarding the Rye grass it depends on whether its an annual or perennial.If perennial you can use the same 2-4d on it as it will slow and virtually die out here in our summer heat as will the annual,Perennnial is primarily a northern or northwestern grass tho many overseed their bermuda lawns here with either it or annual for a green winter cover.It rarely gets used below Atlanta,but I have seen some used in the mountains where cooler temps allow it to survive quite well.I highly recommend y'all get more familiarized with pre and post emergent applications to better help get your weeds under control.I have a major pita with one in my yard that the only way to regulate it is to hand dig the bulbs up.It called annual crocus,nothing kills it not even round-up so far.I have taken to just trying to starve it to death,lol

Back
Top Bottom