Weed control with dogs in yard -

Wow,Hearing that snide comment from you is stellar,apparently you might have missed me posting on here a few times about my background in Turf and lawn care.

Regarding the Rye grass it depends on whether its an annual or perennial.If perennial you can use the same 2-4d on it as it will slow and virtually die out here in our summer heat as will the annual,Perennnial is primarily a northern or northwestern grass tho many overseed their bermuda lawns here with either it or annual for a green winter cover.It rarely gets used below Atlanta,but I have seen some used in the mountains where cooler temps allow it to survive quite well.I highly recommend y'all get more familiarized with pre and post emergent applications to better help get your weeds under control.I have a major pita with one in my yard that the only way to regulate it is to hand dig the bulbs up.It called annual crocus,nothing kills it not even round-up so far.I have taken to just trying to starve it to death,lol

Well thanks for setting us all straight with your vast knowledge of grass and weeds.

So who is it that has fescue for lawn grass?
It seems that you missed answering that with your usual rhetoric about your vast knowledge of lawn maintenance.
Please do try to keep up, especially since you claim to be of superior intelligence. lol

Who has fescue for a lawn anyways?

I'm sorry we didn't recognize that you were a professional. Just trying to help out a fellow ODTer.
Maybe you should have volunteered your credentials in your fist post, like you did in this post, and you could have left off the snide remark at the end. JMO

Snide remarks are the life blood of ODT. I say keep them coming. Snide remarks for all!!!!

banjojohn.jpg

Salt & Vinegar mix w/ H2O & Dawn dishsoap.
SAFE for pets!!

PER Quart
2 Tblsp salt
1 cup Vinegar
3 cups H2O
2 or 3 DROPS Dawn dishsoap

Mix in Qt spraybottle, spray weeds on SUNNY day, so mixture drys on plant leaves.
WEEDS are DEAD in a few days.

DISCLOSURE: This mixture is NOT weed specific. It will KILL all plant life, grass & ornamentals TOO!!!
DON'T spray on WINDY day!!!

Grazon/2-4-D does what it is supposed to do, but they are very persistent, meaning if you put the cuttings on anything for mulch or compost, it will kill whatever plants it is put on (or set them back).

I wiped out a whole summer garden when I unknowingly spread some composted cow manure from cows that had grazed on a pasture treated with Grazon. Extension recommends that you let manure sit for a year now unless you know that it comes from a Grazon free pasture.

I used to collect yard clippings from the hood for composting, but with the widespread use of 2-4-D, I don't do that anymore.

Grazon/2-4-D does what it is supposed to do, but they are very persistent, meaning if you put the cuttings on anything for mulch or compost, it will kill whatever plants it is put on (or set them back).

I wiped out a whole summer garden when I unknowingly spread some composted cow manure from cows that had grazed on a pasture treated with Grazon. Extension recommends that you let manure sit for a year now unless you know that it comes from a Grazon free pasture.

I used to collect yard clippings from the hood for composting, but with the widespread use of 2-4-D, I don't do that anymore.

This is true.

Back
Top Bottom