• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well Crap!!! Need some medical feedback.

The Old Jaybird

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
Just back from eye doctor, I have diabetic retinopathy and get to have injections into my damn eyeball in a couple weeks. I have always been squeamish about my eyes, never wore contacts, exams were not pleasant and now the doc wants to stick damn needles in my eye. Also have a partially detacted retina in the same eye that he wants to patch with a laser. Oh Boy, I can't wait.

Anybody gone thru this?? The doctor is Dr. Walia, in Lawrenceville at Georgia Retina near the hospital. Any and all experience with this doctor or medical group or treatment like this is appreciated.

Damn Diabetes Sucks.

Just back from eye doctor, I have diabetic retinopathy and get to have injections into my damn eyeball in a couple weeks. I have always been squeamish about my eyes, never wore contacts, exams were not pleasant and now the doc wants to stick damn needles in my eye. Also have a partially detacted retina in the same eye that he wants to patch with a laser. Oh Boy, I can't wait.

Anybody gone thru this?? The doctor is Dr. Walia, in Lawrenceville at Georgia Retina near the hospital. Any and all experience with this doctor or medical group or treatment like this is appreciated.

Damn Diabetes Sucks.
I wish I had something for you! But I do wish you the best!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are the doctors involved? He says he can fix it with just 1 or 2 injections, I am assuming this is per eyeball. BUT, I worked with a lady who was getting them every 2 weeks....and that would be living hell for me.

Even eyedrops give me the willies. Yeah, they don't hurt, but just don't like something that close to my eye.

Had one of the docs at Ga Retina use a laser to 'weld' a detached retina...which had given me a sizable 'floater'. Good doc! P.S. they numb your eye before introducing the needle. No big thing (right...)!

First thing control your diabetes! I’ve been one for25 years! My feet have paid the price but not my eyesight yet! Diabetes is the #1 cause if blindness. Good luck it sounds like the best way to keep your eyesight

Damn Diabetes Sucks.
Best of luck,will be praying thing go well.

Back
Top Bottom