• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Well Now The C word just came into my life

My wife came at me like a bulldog a week ago when I walked through the room with my shirt off and wanted to know what a dark freckle on my chest was. She said I don't like it, how long has that been there. I told her I had no idea, I don't normally pay any attention to that type of stuff. I honestly don't remember if it was there before or not. I don't remember it being there, but I don't remember it not being there.

Her family has a bunch of skin cancer history, mine has none. She notices stuff like that, I don't. I had a doctor's appointment the next day anyway, so she told me to ask about it. Apparently, my Dr didn't like it either because I have a referral to see a dermatologist this Friday.

Scary stuff. Heal up fast man.
Curious who you are going to see? I have family history of bad/suspicious moles. Ive personally already had about 8 shaved and 4 of those 8 required deep shaves/stitches.

OP: I have full body checks twice a year because we have a family history of bad moles, ive already had 8 cut and 4 came back being on their way. You got this brother. At minimum EVERYONE should get checked once a year.

Curious who you are going to see? I have family history of bad/suspicious moles. Ive personally already had about 8 shaved and 4 of those 8 required deep shaves/stitches.

OP: I have full body checks twice a year because we have a family history of bad moles, ive already had 8 cut and 4 came back being on their way. You got this brother. At minimum EVERYONE should get checked once a year.

NWGA Dermatology I think is what they said

Just an FYI for you folks that have spots on your skin that seem to be growing.
Mine was smaller than a dime and turned out to be Stage 2 Melanoma Cancer.
I will be having Sugary next Wednesday 5-11-2022 to take a larger area around that spot out and have some of my lymph nodes removed to see if they have any signs of cancer in them.
The spot had been on me for lots of years and my wife kept at me to get it checked and now when I did it was almost to late.
Luckily This is treatable and so far Emory has been Awesome.
And also the doctor did a whole body scan and said this is the only spot he saw.
This just goes to show she was right (yet again) and I should have listened to her.
The picture is of the area now after the Dark Brown spot was removed second picture is of the Dark Brown Spot.
This is scary **** and if you don't get your spots checked you are inviting disaster.

View attachment 4249066View attachment 4249093
Thanks will make a appointment!

Praying for speedy healing, that Melanoma C is bad stuff, they found a tumor in y left eye in 2015, Emory took my eye out sewed a plaque with radiation inside, put the eye back in and let it soak for 7 days, removed it and the tumor is like a dead tree stump in the eye and vision is better than before, the miracles of todays medicine and Gods work abound.

Had a weeper on my wrist 20 years ago. Walked into a dermatologist. He took one look, said take off your shirt, called in the nurse and cut my wrist up deep plus removed all the “things” on my back and front. Mostly basal or squamous.
I have been going every 6 months since then.
So far - not too bad. The MOH on the temple sucked. Learn to visit your dermatologist on a regular basis.

Thank you all for the Prayers as they are needed and well wishes too, but the whole purpose of this post was to make awareness to us guys who are stubborn as hell and sometimes need to be jarred into realty to do something about anything.
I worry about my wife way more than myself and that is what I am talking about.
I put things off I know I should not because I am worried about her health more than mine.
What good is that worry if I am not here to do it (just saying).
If this post makes just one person go get checked it was well worth it.

Good on you for getting it checked out! It's treatable and you'll likely be fine as long as you stay on top of it.
If it weren't for my wife, I would probably have a tube running out of my body. A "routine" check discovered blood in my urine. It wasn't dark, I couldn't see it but a test strip did. Long and short of that: bladder cancer. Like yours, caught in time but JUST! That was 4 years ago now and they have gone in a few times since and removed some tiny tumors since but compared with the alternative, I'll take it!

Back
Top Bottom