Went and brought some lights

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
After learning about the Indestructible RayoVac lights I went to Home Depot to get some. Found out theres a whole line of RayoVac Indestructibles so I brought a bigger one and headlamp. As I was heading to the checkout I saw the Defiant lights, 2 to a pack and only like $10 so I brought hand lights and headlamps. I think I'm good on flashlights. Really please with the Rayovacs for the money I dont think they can be beat.

IMAG0298.jpg

Are they water proof?

Supposedly. I think one of the members on here said at his HD they had it in a fish bowl of water. I haven't tested it yet.

Heres the specs.

30 ft. drop test performance
IPX4 water resistant
High performance LEDs, custom optics and 2 modes 100 lumens, 18 lumens (energy saver)
Battery run time (alkaline batteries incl.): 15 hours, 35 hours (energy saver)
Rubber head and tail cap shock absorbers, aluminum titanium alloy, and toughness
Impact resisting internal engineering, protected tactical tail cap switch
Ergonomic design with thumb area built in
Designed for maximum durability and simplicity
Beam distance: 149 m on high
Note: Product may vary by store.
MFG Brand Name : Rayovac
MFG Model # : DIY2AA-B
MFG Part # : DIY2AA-B

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/rayova...0-lumen-flashlight-diy2aa-b.html#.UJu_EoZheKw

Now you need some rechargeable batteries. My wife waited until the rechargeable energizer batteries with the chargers went on sale in her store and cleared out a butt load for me. I got some Duracell, Energizer and Rayovac, they're best to worst in that order. The Duracell are powerful and last allot longer, the Rayovac rechargeable batteries don't hold their charge very long.. My next thing is to start getting the solar panels.

Now you need some rechargeable batteries. My wife waited until the rechargeable energizer batteries with the chargers went on sale in her store and cleared out a butt load for me. I got some Duracell, Energizer and Rayovac, they're best to worst in that order. The Duracell are powerful and last allot longer, the Rayovac rechargeable batteries don't hold their charge very long.. My next thing is to start getting the solar panels.

Whats the deal with recharging batteries? Do you plan on having a solar panel to recharge them? Thats not a bad idea.

Whats the deal with recharging batteries? Do you plan on having a solar panel to recharge them? Thats not a bad idea.

You can get the pocket size solar panels that can plug into the charger to power it, not bad for a little investment, they even market them for charging cell phones. Takes a while but the joy of GA is we get a lot of sun :)

Back
Top Bottom