What’s good for the goose is good for the gander...

Do you buy at asking price or negotiate?

• Buy at asking price

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Make an offer or start a conversation to negotiate

Votes: 29 96.7%

• Total voters

Foxtrot Sierra

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
204   0
Reaction score
Why is it that every time I list something, I get offers (lowball and others) almost as if it’s SOP, but when I make an offer to someone else (and I try my best not to lowball them or offer a trade they wouldn’t be interested in), I am met most often with almost a “Don’t you know what you’re looking at... didn’t you read the ad?” kind of response?

If you’re firm on your price, then say you’re firm. If you only want to consider certain trades, then make that clear in your ad. Otherwise, everything up for sale is up for negotiation and the conversation has to start somewhere.

Just a small rant for the morning... carry on, ODTers.

If it's priced well and I really want it I'll tell them their price at the location and time of their choosing.

I lost out on something I really really wanted one time and I said never again.

I'm talking rare stuff, not glocks or whatever.
I can’t argue with you there if it comes to something that is sentimental, otherwise desirable, or “rare.”

Got to haggle, never pay list price unless its a steal, same as buying a car, got to get the best deal possible, of it says firm, that's another thing if not, open to negotiation.

low.jpg

Why is it that every time I list something, I get offers (lowball and others) almost as if it’s SOP, but when I make an offer to someone else (and I try my best not to lowball them or offer a trade they wouldn’t be interested in), I am met most often with almost a “Don’t you know what you’re looking at... didn’t you read the ad?” kind of response?

If you’re firm on your price, then say you’re firm. If you only want to consider certain trades, then make that clear in your ad. Otherwise, everything up for sale is up for negotiation and the conversation has to start somewhere.

Had a guy list a thousand dollar gun for 600 and I offered 500 he said least I'll take is 550. I said when can we meet. :)

simple...
you are a real man who pee's standing up. you understand that this is not a retail site and everything should be open to negotiations...
the people who get mad at offers are stall users. they keep baseball cards, not because they are fans, but because they like pictures of men.
they wear depends not because of incontinence, they truly enjoy the feeling of feces and urine on their private parts..
they are odt snowflakes...
keep being a real man, and just dont bother with the snowflakes...

Back
Top Bottom