• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander...

Do you buy at asking price or negotiate?

• Buy at asking price

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Make an offer or start a conversation to negotiate

Votes: 29 96.7%

• Total voters
I’ll admit, the listing I am interested in is priced well, but it didn’t say firm, and I offered 90% of asking (well, 89.88% to be exact), which I didn’t think was unreasonable.

I just wish people would state in their PM what's the most they will give, including shipping or the meeting place.

It's either a go or a no go.

I had a member offer me 80% of my asking price and said he would come to me in his first PM

I accepted his offer with a meeting place that was easy for him to find.
Sold.

The least I'll take is $50.00 more than I have it listed for. Now would you like to make an offer?

If you are selling and I offer to buy it at your asking price? You've priced it fairly and it's something I'd like to have.
If you are selling and I offer less than your asking price? You've priced it too high and I'd still like to buy it, but I'm not paying a $1000 for your Mini 14.
If you are selling it and it's priced at two times market value? I move on, no sense in making an offer.
If you are selling and I offer to buy it at your asking price, meet in your driveway with a dozen Krispy Kremes and a bag of Finchers hamburgers? You've priced it way, way too cheap.

If you are selling and I offer to buy it at your asking price? You've priced it fairly and it's something I'd like to have.
If you are selling and I offer less than your asking price? You've priced it too high and I'd still like to buy it, but I'm not paying a $1000 for your Mini 14.
If you are selling it and it's priced at two times market value? I move on, no sense in making an offer.
If you are selling and I offer to buy it at your asking price, meet in your driveway with a dozen Krispy Kremes and a bag of Finchers hamburgers? You've priced it way, way too cheap.

What in the world is a “Finchers” hamburger?

Back
Top Bottom