• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What ammo do you shoot in your Ruger Precision 308?

Buy quality ammo and test it in you rifle. RPR is the same as every other rifle in that aspect

This. All the ammo recommendations that were good in 2018 are still good now……only the price and availability have changed.

Add the 185grn Juggernaut load that ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10 mentioned. Federal loads it in the Gold Medal line. Berger loads it, as well. Of course, you can handload it.

If you’re never going to shoot past 600yds, and don’t need to penetrate through glass and such, the 168grn match loads will do fine.
For longer distances, or enhanced penetration, the 175grn-185grn loads will work best for you.

My AR10 with a Shilen barrel ( that's in the classifieds currently ) Shot lights out with Federal Gold Medal Match with Sierra OTM 168 gr. Here is a target that that was used on. Now with me on the gun. You put a highly trained shooter behind it and it would be something to behold. I might add the barrel was warming up a bit. I probably put 20 rounds through it and went straight to grouping. I am fairly certain if I gave the barrel time to cool a bit I wouldn't have that deviation in impact points on the four corners. Those were the last rounds I shot for the day in that Target and like I said the barrel was getting really warm. I think a second test is in need but unfortunately I've taken that barrel out and put a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel in so we'll see how that pans out. If it doesn't go so well I'm going to go back to the shower and barrel if it doesn't sell. I just need the money for another build but if I can't get what I want out of it I hold on to it and build another AR-10 and put that shot and barrel in there because accurately like that just doesn't come around every day especially out of a semi-automatic gun.

Attachments

• IMG_20210927_203825841.jpg
    IMG_20210927_203825841.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom