• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are some unpopular gun opinions you have?

Since he got banned, I'll continue his posting on this thread:

Unpopular gun opinions, old chap! You colonials think you can shoot the Brown Bess as truly as our lads. Pish! The American rifleman is a dishonourable lout, and we shall surely tread upon you, regardless of the bellicose sentiment scrawled on your rebellious, ghastly rag--the colour yellow befitting it, as your recalcitrant souls are a similar shade. Tut tut!

Unpopular gun opinions, old chap! You colonials think you can shoot the Brown Bess as truly as our lads. Pish! The American rifleman is a dishonourable lout, and we shall surely tread upon you, regardless of the bellicose sentiment scrawled on your rebellious, ghastly rag--the colour yellow befitting it, as your recalcitrant souls are a similar shade. Tut tut!
Is this English? Might as well be Blackfoot

3ED0C911-AE1F-4102-9CDD-817A85553CA7.jpeg

More of a pet peeve; I hate when folks go to clear their semi-auto handgun and they drop the magazine, rack the round out of the chamber, observe the round eject or catch it, then proceed to jack the gun off by racking the slide quickly over and over. Exactly what is the repeated racking supposed to do at this point?

More of a pet peeve; I hate when folks go to clear their semi-auto handgun and they drop the magazine, rack the round out of the chamber, observe the round eject or catch it, then proceed to jack the gun off by racking the slide quickly over and over. Exactly what is the repeated racking supposed to do at this point?
It's to demonstrate superior handing skills in making certain the firearm is clear.

That drives me ****ing nuts too. They do it with new guns as well, hand someone a new gun and they rack the slide and look in the chamber, that's perfectly fine and expected, but then they furiously rack the slide about 5 or 6 times and I want to slap the **** out of them.

That drives me ****ing nuts too. They do it with new guns as well, hand someone a new gun and they rack the slide and look in the chamber, that's perfectly fine and expected, but then they furiously rack the slide about 5 or 6 times and I want to slap the **** out of them.
Same, I feel that folks that do that to pistols must have some weird fetish and like the pistol a bit too much. That and it is just pointless.

Iron sights on rifles are inferior and the believe that not having them is a serious liability is ridiculous
So true. I cannot count the number of times I've seen T.V. or movies where the AR15 has nothing on the rail on the top of the receiver yet the actor is capable of incredible accuracy.

Bro...do you even operate?

And since @emale got hammered can I call dibs on his free training slot?

Back
Top Bottom