• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are you doing for acid reflux?

if you get on any of the PPI's,especially prilosec,be prepared to be on it forever or set aside some time for a withdrawel period. I took it for a year at the advice of my doctor but decided to manage my diet,lose some weight and get healthy but the first 2-3 weeks of trying to wean my myself off the prilosec was self torture.

if you get on any of the PPI's,especially prilosec,be prepared to be on it forever or set aside some time for a withdrawel period. I took it for a year at the advice of my doctor but decided to manage my diet,lose some weight and get healthy but the first 2-3 weeks of trying to wean my myself off the prilosec was self torture.
Did you slowly reduce the dose or just quit taking it?

Did you slowly reduce the dose or just quit taking it?
I thought I could stop cold turkey. Wrong! so I slowly reduced but I would advise a bland diet until your body adjust. They call it acid rebound and its no joke. I dropped down to a pill every other day for two weeks then every third day.

First thing you have to do is identify your problem.

Are you naturally producing too much acid or too little acid?

Both can cause acid reflux. If you're naturally producing too much stomach acid then you need some type of antacid.

If you're naturally producing too little then a daily regimen of apple cider vinegar can help.

If you don't know which is your problem you better find out, because one person's remedy could make your problem worse.

Lots of people don't naturally produce enough stomach acid to digest the pizza or whatever they eat. So it sits undigested and tries to come up at night when you lay down. so they take an antacid which temporarily relieves their pain but makes their stomach acid even weaker and less capable of digesting their next meal. For them, a daily dose of apple cider vinegar is a good solution.

But if your problem is producing too much acid, apple cider vinegar is just gonna make it worse.

Identify the problem before you attack it or you could make things worse.

Back
Top Bottom