• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For those with a CPAP or APAP machine. Which do you use and what manufacturer?

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
My Pulmonary doc which won't be for much longer said "here's a RESMED and set it for 4 to 20".

I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel but want opinions from actual users as to which machine delivers the most accurate results if there is one. From what I'm seeing in reviews on the internet this appears to not be an exact science yet and experimental is being kind.

I wish I could find a doctor like this here in Georgia. This ENT is excellent.

Used a CPAP since 2005. The VAMC took over my CPAP therapy in 2011. I currently use use the Resmed AirSense 10 Respond. It adjusts airflow based on my needs. The machine records usage, air seal (leakage), events per hour, how many times I take the mask on and off a night. My pulmonologist has access to this data and we video conference every six months.

I don't sleep or nap without it. I could die from untreated sleep apnea. Losing weight is the ideal solution. I tried different masks to find the one that works best for me. No it's not an exact science. It's trial and error to get the optimum air flow that provides the air splint with out too much pressure.

Six years with the Resmed Airsense 10 now the 11. Can't lie down or sleep without it now.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^ I have been on cpap for 20+ years and this is the machine I use.

I had a Phillips for 5 years then found out the for last 2 years it away on recall which no one told me about the filter it used can cause cancer. It would have been nice to know about that 2 years ago. Anyway I had sinus surgery and lost 45 lbs. so now I don’t have to have one. I would not recommend Phillips. If I end up with cancer I will be sueing them

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^ I have been on cpap for 20+ years and this is the machine I use.
Used a CPAP since 2005. The VAMC took over my CPAP therapy in 2011. I currently use use the Resmed AirSense 10 Respond. It adjusts airflow based on my needs. The machine records usage, air seal (leakage), events per hour, how many times I take the mask on and off a night. My pulmonologist has access to this data and we video conference every six months.

I don't sleep or nap without it. I could die from untreated sleep apnea. Losing weight is the ideal solution. I tried different masks to find the one that works best for me. No it's not an exact science. It's trial and error to get the optimum air flow that provides the air splint with out too much pressure.
This and like the above I can no longer sleep without it.
I still have problems breathing through my nose but I've recently discovered that if I put a little dab of vics vapor rub on my stache right under my nostrils it does wonders for keeping my airways open and has really improved my quality of sleep.

Resmed 11 here 4-20 like above. I am usually 1-2 AHI now. I feel great and sleep great. If you cant go to a Dr just buy a used machine and google or watch YouTube videos on how to access clinical mode on the machine and set it up yourself. It literally takes 5 minutes. Its not like building a hypersonic missile its simple and easy and the modern cpaps work great

Back
Top Bottom