What are you reading? Good Books

Just received- Patriots: Surviving the coming collapse, World War Z, and One Second After. Looking forward to starting these. Have heard alot of good reviews on these. Also reading Gone Native. Its about a LRRP in Vietnam.

Trying to revive this....
I've almost finished the Vince Flynn - Mitch Rapp series. These are all good!

Transfer of Power (1999) - ISBN 0-671-02319-5
The Third Option (2000) - ISBN 0-671-04731-0
Separation of Power (2001) - ISBN 0671047337 - One of these the narration SUCKED in audiobook form... check the review if you use audible.
Executive Power (2002) - ISBN 0-7434-5395-6
Memorial Day (2004) - ISBN 0-7434-5397-2
Consent to Kill (2005) - ISBN 0-7432-7036-3
Act of Treason (2006) - ISBN 0-7432-7037-1
Halfway through "Protect and Defend"
Kill Shot

Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter - Seth Grahame-Smith - This was out of my normal genre. I had a first free chapter and after that I had to read (listen) to it. I love history and basing an action/vampire hunter book intertwined with actual historical events was really cool. The book was way better than the movie...

I also read some of the ones recommended in this thread:
One Second After - William Forstchen
Good story, easy read. been a while but remember I enjoyed it.

Patriots - James Wesley Rawles
Outstanding detail! Every prepper needs to read this book!
I've heard his follow up books were pretty lame but have not read any of them yet.

Dead or Alive - Tom Clancy
He's back! Great book and my first non-Jack Ryan Clancy book that I enjoyed.

48 Liberal Lies about American History - Larry Schweikart
This was a follow up to A Patriots History of the United States (Which anyone with school aged children should have on their bookshelf!) This has been a while too since I read it. From what I remember it rehashed a lot of Patriots History - Maybe the cliff notes version for those that can't get through the 50 hours of Patriots History ;)

Steve Jobs -Walter Isaacson
Being in the technology field I figured I had to read this. It was actually good. Although Jobs was a hippy, eccentric wuss - He knows how to succeed.

I also read a bunch of leadership and personal development stuff. One solid recommendation is Personality Plus This is an outstanding tool to help you learn about yourself and how to pinpoint others personality type so you know how to deal with them. If you are in a leadership role or sales this is a must read. I did a full review on my blog - http://blog.8fsatlanta.com/2012/11/series-top-5-book-reviews-personality.html

I guess I have read a decent amount of books in the last year and a half!

I've started A Thomas Jefferson Education: Teaching a Generation of Leaders for the 21st Century - Oliver Demille and have Holding Their Own: A Story of Survival - Joe Nobody that I'll start as soon as I'm done with the Flynn series.

I have always been a huge fan of Clive Cussler, specifically the Dirk Pitt and oregon files.

I also like dale brown and brad thor books.

Back
Top Bottom