• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Bill Clinton had to say to Democrats about guns.

Sure. It's a great article. It's promising, but it's also revealing. Here's one thing I don't get:

“A lot of these people … all they’ve got is their hunting and their fishing,” he told the Democratic financiers. “Or they’re living in a place where they don’t have much police presence. Or they’ve been listening to this stuff for so long that they believe it all.”

What is "this stuff" that he's talking about? What stuff? While trying to explain why some people are pro-gun, he cites hunting, fishing, lack of police presence, and "this stuff". Maybe I'm just reading it incorrectly, but that to me sounds as if he's hinting at the fact that maybe pro-2A citizens are brainwashed by some type of "stuff" that they've been listening to for so long that they now believe it. That makes me sick to my stomach. It's nothing more than a huge indicator that he has no clue about anything other than political games. I'll tell ya. The pride, history, tradition, and patriotism that the oval office used to represent is simply no longer present.

Sure. It's a great article. It's promising, but it's also revealing. Here's one thing I don't get:

“A lot of these people … all they’ve got is their hunting and their fishing,” he told the Democratic financiers. “Or they’re living in a place where they don’t have much police presence. Or they’ve been listening to this stuff for so long that they believe it all.”

What is "this stuff" that he's talking about? What stuff? While trying to explain why some people are pro-gun, he cites hunting, fishing, lack of police presence, and "this stuff". Maybe I'm just reading it incorrectly, but that to me sounds as if he's hinting at the fact that maybe pro-2A citizens are brainwashed by some type of "stuff" that they've been listening to for so long that they now believe it. That makes me sick to my stomach. It's nothing more than a huge indicator that he has no clue about anything other than political games. I'll tell ya. The pride, history, tradition, and patriotism that the oval office used to represent is simply no longer present.
What I take as "this stuff" in this instance is the Republicans that will only take their news and entertainment from sources that agree with them. FOX, Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Savage, Boortz, and so on. When you only listen to these types, you tend to get a very narrow view of the world. Same goes for the liberal-leaning entertainers and their audience.

What I take as "this stuff" in this instance is the Republicans that will only take their news and entertainment from sources that agree with them. FOX, Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Savage, Boortz, and so on. When you only listen to these types, you tend to get a very narrow view of the world. Same goes for the liberal-leaning entertainers and their audience.

I agree. The echo chamber mentaility is rampant on both sides, but probably more so on the right.

Did anyone read any of the comments at the bottom of that article? Wow...the majority of those people are just begging to give up all freedom (which equals abandoning all accountability and responsibility) and be led around by the nose by the government. It's sad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom