• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Caused the Great Crime Decline in the U.S.?

But there is not rational correlation between the number of violent crimes committed by adult, usually young males, and when abortion was made "legal". Pregnant women denied abortions do not commit homicide. Illegal abortions are not counted as murders because most of them were not reported. It is purely a coincidence, because for it to really be a factor, there would be a delay of a decade and a half between Roe v. Wade and when the statistics would drop.

To support my thesis; Urban areas tend to be the most liberal and passed or enacted pro-abortion laws first, but these areas were also the most contaminated by lead laced fuels as well. So its a case of a coincidental correlation. Not causation.

Yes. That isn't at issue. It is what caused/is causing it.

I think it was the wide spread low dose lead posioning in the 60s and 70s that caused the spike in both violent crime, mental disorders, and birth defects. It was the discontinuation of that, but the damage was done, and further "miracles of modern chemistry" and their unknown side-effects has cause a general pussification of society that has had as an effect, a drastic reduction in violence.

Don your tin-foil hat and you could believe it might have been an intentional policy/conspiracy to dope the population into being more passive and docile. Now, barring the occasional outlyer of random mass-shootings, most male-aggression is vented thru safe and meaningless violent video games.

s1.jrnl.ie_media_2013_01_flock_of_sheep_390x285.jpg

The popularity of cheap crack cocaine probably had much more in common with crime rates and the huge upsurge of criminal gangs who were profiting from it.

But wait, during the worst crime wave of our nation's history "prohibition" of alcohol they used "lead" in gas and paint... Strange but oddly compelling.

It did get better in the fall of 1933...

In the 1920s and 30s the US wasn't fully as motorized as it was post WWII.

You've had a similar surge in the meth and heroine "business" today without a similar increase in drug related violent crime...

In the 1920s and 30s the US wasn't fully as motorized as it was post WWII.

You've had a similar surge in the meth and heroine "business" today without a similar increase in drug related violent crime...

Drug abusers who have experienced the high from crack cocaine describe it as none other and with it's low cost compared to cocaine-rich mans drug, it created a market similar but not nearly as wide spread as the illegal alcohol business.

Meth and Heroine today do not enjoy the same "market share" but heroine did in the 1970's as it was fairly cheap and very addictive. guess what happened to crime rates in large inner cities and the catalyst for more "gun control" banning of "Saturday Night Specials" like the Glock 17 and other models-shipped with adjustable sights, removed, replaced with fixed, then shipped back to Austria to pass the import ban.

Yeah, but what is the root cause. Remember its not the addicts that were causing the violence, it was the trafficers and dealers.

Absence of prayer in school!!!!

Morality has been the demise of many a nations.

The argument that with the industrial revolution and specifically women entering the work force-2 family incomes that an escalation of crime occurred as the traditional family unit/model was dissolved is one entertained and makes a point.

But there is not rational correlation between the number of violent crimes committed by adult, usually young males, and when abortion was made "legal". Pregnant women denied abortions do not commit homicide. Illegal abortions are not counted as murders because most of them were not reported. It is purely a coincidence, because for it to really be a factor, there would be a delay of a decade and a half between Roe v. Wade and when the statistics would drop.

To support my thesis; Urban areas tend to be the most liberal and passed or enacted pro-abortion laws first, but these areas were also the most contaminated by lead laced fuels as well. So its a case of a coincidental correlation. Not causation.

Yes, of course there was a delay. No, I'm not going to debate it with you. There's a book that covers it in great detail. Seek it out if interested. It's persuasive.

Based solely on my recent trips to Lowes, Harbor Freight and Wally World (where I counted no less than 11 open carriers) I'd say people have had enough and aren't going to take it anymore.

Or they are just scared and no longer trust The State to protect them.

Morality has been the demise of many a nations.

The argument that with the industrial revolution and specifically women entering the work force-2 family incomes that an escalation of crime occurred as the traditional family unit/model was dissolved is one entertained and makes a point.

Yeah, in a nutshell, I think there isn't a single cause, but its manifestations of manifold social effects and causes. IMO.

Back
Top Bottom