• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What did you do to prepare this week?

I joined this forum and started following the survival threads.

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Mr. Smith

I haven't been able to update my own thread in a couple of weeks but here it goes,

Canned 5 lbs of ground beef.
Finished out the garden tomatoes into tomato/okra mix into quart jars.
12 quarts of peach slices (on sale .50 a lb couple weeks ago)
Rotated out the water supply.
Got the GHB updated and restocked.
Got a meat grinder and a almost new vac sealer for $15 total.
Couponed 8 packs of rayovac batteries for free.
Dehydrated 10lbs of beef strips.
Printed out some more information to paper from the PC. Just in case.

And last but not least rotated out the Mucinex stock by force, not choice. Damn these summer colds.

I got my wife's and my BoB's mostly ready. OK so I'm slow. Still need a few things for hers and most likely need to reconsider mine(It's too heavy). I think the problem is my fondness for the ammo I may need.

I also tested out a couple of fire starting techniques and ordered some water purification chems and emergency rations.

The hardest part is convincing my wife that emergency preparedness is deadly serious. She still thinks I'm pulling her leg when I talk to her about it. So, I also worked on increasing her mental preparedness some this week.

Loaded more ammo and sealed it. Double checked and added to the first aid bags.
I continue to load ammo, as I feel that it will also help/barter for the other things that I need. Few things will work for money, but ammo......ammo will get you what you need.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom