• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What did you do to prepare this week?

Dude if you run around Gwinnett in a " Tactical Vest" for " SHTF" you'll be one of the first ones dead. Incognito my friend, incognito.

I won't be in it unless I really really need it. It would be in the trunk in case. Better to have and not need.

Also it would only be if I have my AR in plain sight. an AR isn't exactly incognito.

Last edited:
What I did this week to bring myself, and family, closer to preparedness was:

• Filled and tested my 330 gallon water tank.
• Acquired 2 ECWS Gor-Tex parkas/pants for my girl and I (being wet can add major, unnecessary stress, problems and sickness)
• Unpacked/repacked, and attempted to fully replicate our two BOB's.
-Water purifier/bladder, Thermarest, 15 dg bags in dry compression sacks, cook bowl, fuel and pocketrocket, 7" Marine fighting knife, handgun/ammo, one pair quick-dry socks, undies, pants, shirt for each of us per BOB in dry-bag, medical kits, bivys etc...
• Started packing my motorcycle panniers (3, 200mm ammo cans attached to the KLR 650) with "luxury items" ie: the 3 man tent, large cook fuel cylinders, large medical kit, additional ammo, tools etc.
• Cleaned my weapons and showed my girl how to field strip and clean her weapon.
• Acquired large wooden crates (1960's gas mask crates $10) to put the rice and bean sacks in. It's not rat food, aside from what the one I executed with my pellet gun mistakenly thought.
• Acquired an XD 40 SC.
• Designed my water-pump system from the stream (12 v bats charged from 90 w solar panel), into a 330 gal tank, out of the tank into copper coiled on the side of a wood burning stove in a sauna shack, into a hot water tank with a shower spigot... whamo... hot shower. Truly one of the best things to improve moral, next to a bowl of hot chili and a clean weapon on your hip.
• Planted a few more grains of mental preparation in my girls mind, told her I love her tremendously and that we would be fine.
• Prayed for the safety of our planet and a divine intervention of those in our government.

Then continued with my research to better prepare.

1-24-2011 Ordered 4 more M&P 9mm mags. Also got another 100 rounds of SXZ9mm personal protection.

1-26-2011 Bought 3 more PMags, a Walther mag and a Ruger mag.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom