• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What did you do today related to deer hunting

Bought a bag of this. Going to do a small plot in my backyard.
I got some lime and fertilizer too, going to till it in first then hope for some rain before I plant.
9A1D85B3-0D0E-40F0-BBC7-AE95B42698F8.jpeg

Killed wasp in a couple box stands,cut out a couple more shooting lanes,refreshed a couple salt licks.it got hot quick swinging that Kiser blade.View attachment 4753569View attachment 4753571
I started sealing up my box stands a few years back with a staple gun and screen around the windows and a little spray foam around the door. I was tired of the softball sized wasp nests each fall!

I started sealing up my box stands a few years back with a staple gun and screen around the windows and a little spray foam around the door. I was tired of the softball sized wasp nests each fall!
CAED80B8-8463-46E6-B7D2-6E9154072658.jpeg
4628374B-0F41-4F65-AD0D-DEC502CB9F4A.jpeg
1EE4C701-0CF6-4561-A968-61C3F4FED6B3.jpeg
Yea.. Sick of getting stung…. I hear ya!

I set up a new feeder and filled another. Checked the persimmon trees and they are dropping. Pear trees have pears but won't drop for a little while.

To do:. Bush hog property, add door and burlap to a stand set up at the end of last session, trim around another, maybe another feeder, possibly cameras.

Have to do's:. Get daughter more trigger time and keep working to pull the deer in closer for her.

Update from the weekend. Daughter shot a box of shells out of her deer rifle. She missed once at 100 yds. I was only going to have her shoot 10 but that miss had her wanting to shoot 10 more. She also shot about 400 rds of .22.

Mowing is done I hung burlap in all the openings in the stands, replaced a feeder battery, put out another feeder.

Still have a door to hang and tree to trim. Persimmons have all dropped on one tree but still some on two more and pears.

Update from the weekend. Daughter shot a box of shells out of her deer rifle. She missed once at 100 yds. I was only going to have her shoot 10 but that miss had her wanting to shoot 10 more. She also shot about 400 rds of .22.

Mowing is done I hung burlap in all the openings in the stands, replaced a feeder battery, put out another feeder.

Still have a door to hang and tree to trim. Persimmons have all dropped on one tree but still some on two more and pears.
Glad one of us is making progress. LOL

I talked about needing to finish sighting in my crossbow this morning. The chore list is long right now and I need to reprioritize hunting and hunting prep a little higher on that list I suppose.

Glad one of us is making progress. LOL

I talked about needing to finish sighting in my crossbow this morning. The chore list is long right now and I need to reprioritize hunting and hunting prep a little higher on that list I suppose.

Well, you did get the tractor fixed. That will make a big difference. Holler if you want some help. My limb saw still kinda sorta runs.

Back
Top Bottom