• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What does your word mean anymore?

Years ago I looked at a bush hog on craigslist. Told the guy I would come pick it up next morning. Hooked up the trailer and had some time before I needed to leave do decided to hook up boom pole to the tractor. When I moved the pole a gazillion yellow jack came out and tore me up. On my way to drug store to get some benedryl I called to see if I could come next day instead. I still wanted it. He hung up on me. Guess he had been burned before.

I can remember the days of walking in the bank and getting a signature loan,I bet that’s over unless they got collateral.

Is it just me or do people just not care what commit to anymore? I was raised with the attitude that you are judged by your word. If I tell you that I’m going to do something then you can count on me doing what I say. I’ve had a couple guys on here recently that have made me an offer that I have accepted and then say “ Sorry, I’ll have to pass”. Why make an offer if you have no intentions on following through with the deal. Sorry for the rant, just tired of BS that some people on here are throwing around.

Read my tag line and that says it all for me.

Sadly I am a millennial. However I was raised up in the respectful traditional ways unlike many of my generation. I used to tell people that if I said I was going to be somewhere and I didnt show either 2 things happened. Vehicle trouble while on the way or Im dead. Sadly even my close friends don’t seem to grasp that concept for themselves. Its the changing times I guess. It just sucks things never seem to change for the better.

I’ve only had 130+ transactions in my 10 years here, but been lucky and each and everyone went smooth. I’ve had tire kickers ask me stuff, but never had someone say i will take it and then back out. Guess I’ve been lucky, or i just don’t do enough volume to meet the riff raff side of the ODT.

To answer the question, What does your word mean anymore?...nothing, unless it’s somebody you’ve personally done business with or know
it’s a shame, it’s not the way I was brought up
If I say I’m going to do something you’ll be damn sure I’m gonna do it.
And if you tell me you’re going to do something I’m gonna damn sure hold you to it.
And I say that lightly
I’m not a violent person I’m just a man of my word
I mean what I say and I say what I mean

Back
Top Bottom