• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What ever happened to the guy that moved to Costa Rica???????

Here I am guys. Still in CR, opened a business and killing it. We moved to Pablo Escobar's old house up away from the beach (we joke that it was his house because it just fits the bill), but soon we will be moving back to the beach area again. I haven't been back in the US but may plan a trip up to the northeast to see the folks in the next few months. Got my residency, next is citizenship.

Had to learn some things here, like I've always known Costa Ricans to be laid back, but the truth is they're just lazy and do everything half ass. Getting anyone to do something and do it right is a total pipedream. Drivers are exceptionally stupid, passing around a curve and over a hill with a double yellow line is a national sport here. Extra points if you have your entire family in the car. Unbuckled and a baby in the lap too. Good tools are non-existent. Screws? Screwed. I order much of my supplies from the US and pay to have them sent here. Common sense here is almost non-existent. But despite all that, life here is still better than the US.

Had to learn some things here, like I've always known Costa Ricans to be laid back, but the truth is they're just lazy and do everything half ass. Getting anyone to do something and do it right is a total pipedream. Drivers are exceptionally stupid, passing around a curve and over a hill with a double yellow line is a national sport here. Extra points if you have your entire family in the car. Unbuckled and a baby in the lap too. Good tools are non-existent. Screws? Screwed. I order much of my supplies from the US and pay to have them sent here. Common sense here is almost non-existent. But despite all that, life here is still better than the US.

Glad to hear its working out great for you!

Post pics. I have to live my life vicariously through others.

Jamaica seems like a nice place to hang your hat.....unless you have to drive. Their roads and drivers will make you appreciate even the worst traffic here.

Ah, yes, the dream of moving to a third-world ****hole. Cheaper to just go live in any large Democrat run American inner city area. Don’t have the illusion of the grass being greener, ‘cause there isn’t any, and Ebonics is the easiest foreign language to learn, being loosely based on standard English.

Jamaica seems like a nice place to hang your hat.....unless you have to drive. Their roads and drivers will make you appreciate even the worst traffic here.
View attachment 5265851
Yeah..uh...no...the crime rate in Jamaica is astronomical....almost Haiti like....They just declared a state of emergency due to the crime rate...

“But despite all that, life here is still better than the US.”

How so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom