• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What exactly bothers you about ammo flippers?

image.jpg

The main thing that bothers me about it is: When a father/grandfather who is not rich by any means wants to take his son/ daughter/grandson/granddaughter shooting/hunting goes to buy some 22lr from Walmart or local gun shop etc, the shelves are empty. Because he is not computer literate, the only place he can find it is from a flipper and has to pay twice or three times as much. That is what is so fugged up about it to me and the reason that it pisses me off.

I agree that it seems like a cheese dick way to make chicken **** money.I haven't bought any 22 ammo since 2010. But I hardly ever use it. But yeah, flipping 22 ammo seems like trying to get rich selling dime bags of weed on the street corner. Way more trouble than it's worth.

It does seem an hard way to make a little pocket money so I don't understand it. Or why you'd do it. I owe all the "evil flippers" a big "thank you" though. Due to the outrageous prices people were willing to pay for absolute crap ammo, I started buying other tiers of target and match grade ammo. Easier to find and in quantity. That doesn't hep paw paw and the little ones, I know. I don't see this shortage easing in any way until the box retailers lift the limits and allow people to buy all they want or can. Anyone remember the gas shortage of the early 70's?

The main thing that bothers me about it is: When a father/grandfather who is not rich by any means wants to take his son/ daughter/grandson/granddaughter shooting/hunting goes to buy some 22lr from Walmart or local gun shop etc, the shelves are empty. Because he is not computer literate, the only place he can find it is from a flipper and has to pay twice or three times as much. That is what is so fugged up about it to me and the reason that it pisses me off.
I've said it before and I will say it again, if it wasn't for the flippers that "poor computer illiterate father/grandfather" wouldn't be able to find .22 ammo at all. In your scenario you should love flippers.

So be a nice guy and donate some rounds to that father/grandfather, Go for that warm fuzzy feeling and quit whining.

If you don't like the price, friggin walk away. Do people go into the mall, look at prices and start whining? No, you walk away and don't buy.

Back
Top Bottom