What exactly bothers you about ammo flippers?

I've posted most of this a few times before, but it seems to hit home with some so I'll keep doing it. I don't loose any sleep over flippers, but I do think they are douchebags and this is why:

Guy#1: Goes to Walmart and happens to see 22LR even though he doesn't plan to shoot it. He buys all he can and lists it for 200% profit.
Guy#2: Goes to Walmart to get some 22LR to shoot with his son and miraculously finds just 3 boxes there. He buys all he can since he doesn't know when there will be more.
Guy#3: Goes to Walmart and there's no 22LR to shoot with his daughter. He goes to ODT and buys it from Guy #1.
Guy#3: Goes to Walmart again and happens to see 22LR. He buys all he can because he doesn't want to get screwed again even though it'll be years before he shoots these 1500 rounds.
Guy #1: Goes back to Walmart again, buys more 22LR, and creates more guys like #2 and #3.

It's a vicious cycle. The scarcity is false because if #1 didn't exist, #2 and #3 wouldn't have bought as much. This example is far from perfect, I know. Setting up a tax number and accounting for the sales like a business would make it less desirable, that's one reason why you're supposed to do it. One point of the tax system is to make being an ass less attractive.

Capitalism without regulation is a Laissez-faire economy. No thanks. I'm mostly Libertarian, so I get the whole "leave me alone, Government" idea. Some policies are around for a reason though. Flipping for profit alone is illegal. Sure, lots of people do it from time to time and nobody is ever going to jail for flipping 22LR. Once in a while is accepted, even encouraged, in society. Effing with the 22LR market for a year is different and makes you a douche in my book.

They dont bother me at all its up to you to buy it the way I see it you can buy it have it shipped to your door it there you just got to look dont pay there price make them hold it sooner or later it will have to sell at what it should or they will be left holding a bunch of ammothey cant sell and some of them cant use it simple fix just let them keep it if anyone has trouble finding ammo just let me know I am not a flipper but I will find it and point you in that direction 99% of the time shipped to your door so no chaseing

Because most people who have kids who shoot, shoot 22lr and when A hole sorry people buy up everything they can to just turn around and give the finger while butt pounding you with their outrageous prices! They have no morals and are just a sorry POS in my opinion! Making a little profit is one thing, but laughing about it and making fun of those who can't find the ammo, forcing them to turn to sacks like ammo flippers is just low and sorry! I have yet to have a hard time finding ammo so I have been fortunate but I have heard and seen first hand what a ammo flipper is! This site is a joke and laughing matter to ammo flipping diseases! They are a virus spreading bad from one to the next!
To the ammo flippers...go find a train track to lie down on! Oh...and GLWS!

My problem? "God Bless". A lot of those ads end with it. The phrase doesn't offend me one bit. But I think that phrase exposes a sense of guilt.

If you're gonna be a douche, own it!

I've posted most of this a few times before, but it seems to hit home with some so I'll keep doing it. I don't loose any sleep over flippers, but I do think they are douchebags and this is why:Guy#1: Goes to Walmart and happens to see 22LR even though he doesn't plan to shoot it. He buys all he can and lists it for 200% profit.Guy#2: Goes to Walmart to get some 22LR to shoot with his son and miraculously finds just 3 boxes there. He buys all he can since he doesn't know when there will be more.Guy#3: Goes to Walmart and there's no 22LR to shoot with his daughter. He goes to ODT and buys it from Guy #1.Guy#3: Goes to Walmart again and happens to see 22LR. He buys all he can because he doesn't want to get screwed again even though it'll be years before he shoots these 1500 rounds.Guy #1: Goes back to Walmart again, buys more 22LR, and creates more guys like #2 and #3.It's a vicious cycle. The scarcity is false because if #1 didn't exist, #2 and #3 wouldn't have bought as much. This example is far from perfect, I know. Setting up a tax number and accounting for the sales like a business would make it less desirable, that's one reason why you're supposed to do it. One point of the tax system is to make being an ass less attractive.Capitalism without regulation is a Laissez-faire economy. No thanks. I'm mostly Libertarian, so I get the whole "leave me alone, Government" idea. Some policies are around for a reason though. Flipping for profit alone is illegal. Sure, lots of people do it from time to time and nobody is ever going to jail for flipping 22LR. Once in a while is accepted, even encouraged, in society. Effing with the 22LR market for a year is different and makes you a douche in my book.

You know, there is some truth to your scenario. Here is the thing though. Increased demand equals increased profits and jobs all along the supply chain. Increased demand equals increased federal excise tax which goes to support wildlife and land preservation. If anything we should be rooting for increased demand, increased profits and jobs, increased wildlife management and preservation. Why would you want demand to drop and in turn decrease profit, decrease jobs, decrease wildlife funds?

Seems pretty selfish to me to be willing to hurt all those things just so you can easily wander into a Walmart and buy a brick of 22 whenever you want.

I think what bothers me, and many others, is that the flippers look at the whole thing as business. When most of us look at shooting and this website as community of likeminded people that enjoy the outdoors and shooting, and who help each other out. Flippers aren't in it for the sport or the community, but the money. At least that’s how I see it.

if you've checked prices online you'd see most flippers are cheaper. i couldn't care less. until shooters are willing to curb their appetites a while, nothing will change. typical americans. when gas gets high, we complain. but be damned if we won't buy it. and god forbid we stop driving our gas guzzler. nowadays i think most are just into the search for 22. folks that used to keep a brick onhand suddenly need 10,000 rnds. we create our own misery.

if you've checked prices online you'd see most flippers are cheaper. i couldn't care less. until shooters are willing to curb their appetites a while, nothing will change. typical americans. when gas gets high, we complain. but be damned if we won't buy it. and god forbid we stop driving our gas guzzler. nowadays i think most are just into the search for 22. folks that used to keep a brick onhand suddenly need 10,000 rnds. we create our own misery.

This post delivers.

Back
Top Bottom