• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What exactly does the GWL cover?

Thank you. I read through it but cant seem to find the section. The lady at the probate court was arguing with me about this so I wanted to show it to her in writing. Maybe I am wrong . It has happened before . LOL
never trust the word of a beaurocrat

20150604_112748.png

Seriously though, in for the question about brass nuckles. I'm good with the knives part. :thumb:

With regards to what the GWCL covers, the definitions used for the GWCL are mainly in code section 16-11-125.1
The carry of a long gun in a Airport terminal is covered by a GWCL, and the carry of a weapon on a school safety zone is covered by the GWCL. You can't do either legally without a GWCL.

Since we are on this subject, did they do away with the holster requirement on concealed carry ? If so where do I find that.

The requirement to use a holster while carrying a handgun in GA was stricken from the code section 16-11-126 when SB308 (the real Guns Everywhere Bill) passed in 2010. There is no current code section that mentions the use of a holster to carry a firearm, which means it is perfectly legal. Ask the Probate Court clerk/secretary to please show you the current code section that covers using a holster to carry a handgun.............it's not there.

Back
Top Bottom