• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What if HR.8 Passes

zesty zesty registration of what ?

Yes.

I'm not really sure what you're asking but the end goal for gun control advocates would be that all firearms are registered. Meaning that they want a list of every firearm and who the owner is.

Some say that's impossible but it's a long game. They start the process now and in 100yrs they pretty much have it.

Shall. Not. Be. Infringed.

It is not the purview of the FedGod to regulate intrastate transfers of private property or contracts.
I agree... but to be honest, I think it's ok to regulate what arms can be privately owned.

If you want to really go down the rabbit hole then it would be possible for there to be private armies with tanks and war planes. I have watched to many movies too think it's a good idea for Google (or some corporation) to have an army. Serious. If you allow private citizens to have tanks it'd be tough to stop private entities to have them in mass.

dakatl dakatl and all...

I'll be honest, there is convincing evidence that UBC, registration, etc actually does decrease gun crime, violent crime fatalities, and suicides.

I look forward to the open discussion of this here. Please provide more information as to how 'registration' actually decreases 'gun violence' .

I agree... but to be honest, I think it's ok to regulate what arms can be privately owned.

If you want to really go down the rabbit hole then it would be possible for there to be private armies with tanks and war planes. I have watched to many movies too think it's a good idea for Google (or some corporation) to have an army. Serious. If you allow private citizens to have tanks it'd be tough to stop private entities to have them in mass.

You are actually supporting my original post and concern with your statement.

I look forward to the open discussion of this here. Please provide more information as to how 'registration' actually decreases 'gun violence' .

Let me just say I really honestly appreciate how you put that. I love debating this stuff but hate when it deteriorates to name calling and whatnot.

Trying to be concise I stated "UBC, registration, etc". What I meant was generally more strict gun control. Really, the best examples also includes confiscation. So, basically, I was wrong as I stated it. It's not the registration, but it's the strict regulation and exclusion of some firearms that produces results. Look at heavily controlled countries and they do have some better safety stats. I'll leave it at that for now because it gets complicated fast, lol.

You are actually supporting my original post and concern with your statement.

I don't know but in your post that I quoted you stated "...absolutely nothing...". That's the part that I disagree with. It's not nothing. It's something. I do agree that it's not enough to be worthwhile though.

Again, there's strong evidence that those individual measures don't do much. It's the compilation of strict gun control that does produce some results though.

Again, Again, I do not support any gun control, especially any more than what we have right now. I'm just saying the arguments are not as clear cut as people portray them. The F'd up thing is that BOTH sides understand this to some degree. The GOP puts out plenty of garbage as pro-2A. As far as politics go, both sides just use the 2A as a means to fire up their base and get votes. It's sad.

It its quite appreciable to debate this here in a platform that may have polarizing points of view, this in mine and perhaps your intentions as well.
I do not approach this topic with easiness. I , as many of those here have family's for which they must provide and protect. It is with great attention that I, and I assume many here as well, take great concern regarding current situations and conditions that might provoke a sense of perseverance for ones unalienable rights.

Where have we heard that before ?

Back
Top Bottom