• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What if the SHTF and I'm 12 hours from home????

You think he would be the only guy stopping for water? You don't think people would be FLOCKING to these places to try and bathe or to dispose of bodily waste stored in a bucket?

**Edit, never mind, I think you are the same Titan from that "other board" and one of the reasons I left and came here. You will argue that the sky is blue and the grass is green and I'm not up for it today **

Last edited:
Is this thing for real?

We are talking a recurve without a nock..... In my book that is a toy.

Anyone bow hunt? It is easy with a modern compound bow-but with a recurve, you actually have to practice ALL the time to get good. And your effective range is much shorter.

Plus, that thing looks weak as all hell. Good luck.
LOL. You're one of those guys who has to have a bow made by NASA to feel equal to the deer ain't ya? This says it's a 35 lb bow and if it is it's more than adequate to hunt food with if the world falls apart. As for all the nocks, sights, gadgets, releases, ets. They are inventions to separate you from your money. Native Americans hunted deer with whittled sticks and tendons and survived. Every culture from ancient China to the Huns, to the English used primitive bows and thrived. But we are incapable of killing game without high tech graphite composite bows with the fiber optic multi pin sights, alignment marks to make sure we get our arrows seated properly on the strings, stabilizers, and dual cams. Makes me wonder how in hell we survived THIS long. LOL.

When I was in 8th grade we had archery class. We used simple fiberglass bows with a molded hand grip which doubled as an arrow rest. We practiced and we hit the target. Simple as that. I'm not 51 years old. I have a longbow (more novelty that for hunting), a Bear recurve which I would take to the woods any day of the week if need presented, and a Matthews Mission Menace, which I bought primarily because of it's weight, price and most importantly the ability to draw it without a release. The draw length is adjustable to perfect for me. The whole goal of a survival bow is to be able to get game without having to bury yourself in on site prep with releases etc and to be able to hunt on the fly. All those "Pro shop" bow setups are for vanity, not hunting.

Algae blooms. Bioweapons that use liquid water as its means of transportation. Contamination upstream with chemicals and waste from masses of urban refugees who don't have the first clue about field sanitation. etc. Potable water sources will become highly valued assets in any social breakdown and so coveted and guarded.

It is unwise to assume that you can rely upon clean water sources.

Along these lines, take this as a PSA...

There are more live bugs in cold water than there is in warm water.
I never knew that and would have thought the opposite was true.
But warm water kills bugs, even if it's not boiled....

Yeah, I'm older now but in good shape. It amuses me to see people that constantly proclaim their ability to survive based on their possessions. But if they had to run or hide for more than a few feet they would stroke out.
I used to stoke out quite often but now I have a girlfriend.

Back
Top Bottom