• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is a good deal?

If you’ve seen it on here for more than a few hours it’s not a great deal just priced at what they hope for
The further from Atlanta that you live the longer you wait to decide if it's a good deal. An item that would be snapped up in a few hours in the Atlanta area may sit a day or two in the rest of the state.

What was said before : if both seller and buyer are happy, then it was a "good deal" for both. One gets the item he wanted and the other gets the cash he wanted.

If I see something that's way over priced to me - I just move on. If it's a little over priced, maybe I make an offer. If they accept it that's great or maybe they counter. Hopefully we can still come to a good deal for both. I don't think there is a certain percentage or dollar amount to say it's always a good deal or not.

It's relative.

As a general rule I think 75% of cheapest I can find on interwebz is a good deal on a used firearm still in production.

On a higher-end piece I think I'd rather pay a little more for "new" vs buying from someone.

Let's say a nice rifle is $1,000 online with free shipping and I can get a free transfer from TruPrep or Cherokee G&P. If someone has one used for $900 on ODT, I would rather pay the extra 100 bucks for new. If that same rifle was $750 on ODT, then it would be a deal for me.

What's a gun worth? Take it to a pawn shop to find out what it's worth right now. Luckily most of us don't have to liquidate immediately.

I have learned it is not a good deal(imo) if I'm driving across hells half acre to get it or trade/sell. That's for guys with no feedback

Back
Top Bottom