• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

what is the best case lube

been using one shot aerosol for a while and no problems. if I have a small batch of rifle cases I lube them with a pad w RCBS case lube. large batch I use spray lube, but have recently started using the Dillon pump bottles for lube. works fine but hard to get a nice even coat with the pump bottle.

oncei tried one shot i threw everything else away. if used correctly its awesome. guess i just had good luck. hated messy lube pads etc.

I have been using the Lee lube for years. I have also used some kind of aerosol but don't remember the name brand. I have thought of trying some of the RCBS spray but if it is like the aerosol, it will be awful messy. A friend on another forum gave me a recipe which I haven't tried yet but sounds pretty good.

He said to mix the Lee lube with alcohol and using a spray bottle spray it on the cases. He claims that the alcohol will evaporate and leave a fine film of lube on the cases. As I said, I haven't tried it yet because I haven't loaded any rifle ammo since late summer last year. When I get out and shoot some, I will contact him for exact amounts of lube and alcohol and give it a try. Got nothing to loose, really.

My experiance with Dillon case lube has been pretty good. I get two bottles for the price of one. Cut it with 97% alcohol and its fine. I like putting my brass into a small box and shaking it while spraying it. Found that I get complete coverage and have not stuck a case yet.

Most of the pump sprays if you look at the ingrediants is made with lanolin. You can get that stuff in the pure form from a health food shop. Put some into a small spray pump, cut it with alcohol and here is your case lube!

Tom

Back
Top Bottom