• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

what is the problem

layers95

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
43   0
Reaction score
WOuld someone like to tell me why some people only prefer 9mm or maybe 45 and won't even own a .40 cal. Makes no.sense at all and is so stupid. The 40 is a way way way better round than the 9mm and considerably cheaper than the 45. What is the deal.

Recoil and cost.

3 different recoil patterns. Im one of those folks that prefers quicker follow up shots.

Cost matters to folks if they shoot alot.

Not going to start a caliber war here, but they all will accomplish the same goal.

I own and carry a 40 because it was cheap. That said, 40 is not way way better, in fact I believe the fact that the 40 has more recoil than the 45 makes the 9mm a better round for carry purposes.

WOuld someone like to tell me why some people only prefer 9mm or maybe 45 and won't even own a .40 cal. Makes no.sense at all and is so stupid. The 40 is a way way way better round than the 9mm and considerably cheaper than the 45. What is the deal.

lolwut

I carry a 9mm. I dont own a 40 or a 45. Why? Because with federal HST and many other SD loads, it opens up enough to do what I need it to. Plus my pistol holds 17+1 rounds. Plus I can practice for a LOT cheaper. If you like the 40... well good for you. I dont. The 9mm does more than enough. Its a proven round that has proven itself since it was developed for the luger.

Plus shot placement is EVERYTHING. Id take a hit with a 9mm over a miss with a 40 anyday of the week.

Back
Top Bottom