• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

what is the problem

Link fixed

Good thing the Germans used 9mm and not .45, otherwise we would have totally lost that war. No wonder the Mp40 was such a piece of garbage, they had to use entire magazines on Russians and English troops just to get their attention! And WTF is with the SAS and DEVGRU guys using MP5's and Sig P226's? Don't they know real bamfs use .45acp?

.40 S&W was another overreaction of the Feds wanting a different bullet based on one incident (Miami FBI shootout). They came up with the 10mm, then decided it was too strong, so necked it down and named it the .40 S&W.

I carry a 9mm. I dont own a 40 or a 45. Why? Because with federal HST and many other SD loads, it opens up enough to do what I need it to. Plus my pistol holds 17+1 rounds. Plus I can practice for a LOT cheaper. If you like the 40... well good for you. I dont. The 9mm does more than enough. Its a proven round that has proven itself since it was developed for the luger.

This!!

I carry Hornady Critical Duty 135gr standard pressure. Nice mushroom!!

I have tried to consolidate the caliber of handguns I shoot. .38, .357, .45 are the ones most shot. Just hate to add another caliber. BTW I have a couple of .41mag Smiths, but they tend to stay in the safe.

In the proper loading and projectile, all three will do the job. I prefer having the extra rounds that 9mm allows.

I disagree that 40 is "way way way" better than 9mm.

In the end, it comes down to what you are able to employ accurately and choosing the appropriate projectile.

Link fixed

Good thing the Germans used 9mm and not .45, otherwise we would have totally lost that war. No wonder the Mp40 was such a piece of garbage, they had to use entire magazines on Russians and English troops just to get their attention! And WTF is with the SAS and DEVGRU guys using MP5's and Sig P226's? Don't they know real bamfs use .45acp?

.40 S&W was another overreaction of the Feds wanting a different bullet based on one incident (Miami FBI shootout). They came up with the 10mm, then decided it was too strong, so necked it down and named it the .40 S&W.

really? :lol: the germans could have had 357 sig and they still would have lost. They had better weapons than most everybody in WWII. They lost cause hitler could not find his way out of a paperbag. No other reason.

Understandable, but if my life or family depended on it then I would much rather have a 40 bullet flying through the air over the 9mini meter.
I have no worries about the ability a 9mm can do for my family.Matter fact I am stocking up on .22LR and these would be the ammo of choice if this world became like red dawn.Can carry way more ammo with less weight,great hunting weapon for small game,and with enough rounds or correct placement can be dangerous as any other round.

there was an FBI case study that found that 40 expanded and only penetrated about 2" into the flesh. actually stopping on a shot above the sternum without contacting the sternum.

Link fixed

Don't let facts get in the way of opinion and emotion. how dare you!?

Back
Top Bottom