• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the Quietest 22 ammo

A CCI "quiet" .22lr round fired from a manually cycled gun with a barrel at least 20 inches long should be plenty quiet for most places.

In my backyard I do it out of an 18 inch barrel semi auto.

As said above, handguns can be still quite loud even with CCI quiet rounds.

Long barrels let the internal pressure drop a lot more before the bullet finally leaves the muzzle and "uncorks" this pressurized container.

A CCI "quiet" .22lr round fired from a manually cycled gun with a barrel at least 20 inches long should be plenty quiet for most places.

In my backyard I do it out of an 18 inch barrel semi auto.

As said above, handguns can be still quite loud even with CCI quiet rounds.

Long barrels let the internal pressure drop a lot more before the bullet finally leaves the muzzle and "uncorks" this pressurized container.
I have some rolling blocks and Martini action .22. 22-24 in barrels, and a .22 short sounds about like a high powered air rifle. same for subsonic. iMO ideal for urban pest control.

I had a Winchester 61 Target rifle with a 22 or 24" barrel. I shot CCI Quiet that an angel from ODT sent me free during a time when they were impossible to source. Bolt action + long barrel + CCI quiet = incredibly quiet and reliable shooting. I used to shoot in the ditch in my backyard at a target maybe 15 yards away, super fun.

Now shooting suppressed.. out of my takedown 10/22 and a Quietbore can, Gemtech subsonics all day.

What is conical?
The.22 CB cap (conical breech cap) is a more powerful version of the.22 BB cap
(aka: 6mm Flobert) rimfire metallic cartridge, which was invented by Louis-Nicolas Flobert in 1845.
The.22 BB cap and.22 CB cap are interchangeable and are relatively quiet, low velocity cartridges, designed for indoor target shooting.

FROM WIKIPEDIA

First, have a rifle with a 22" barrel. Then any subsonic ammo. I use CB L caps. The only thing you hear is the snap of the firing pin and bullet impact. They cycle well in bolt action tube fed rifles. And at worst you may have to manually cycle bolt on a semi rifle

The.22 CB cap (conical breech cap) is a more powerful version of the.22 BB cap
i have some BB Caps made by Dynamit Nobel around here somewhere.

If I can find them I will take some pics.

Look like a buckshot sitting on top of the rim of a .22 casing.

I used them to try to shoot pigeons off of an underpass bridge, and they only annoyed the pigeons.

Back
Top Bottom