• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WHAT IS YOUR COMPETITION RIFLE SET UP? ( HIGH POWER MATCHES)

On a different note, alleycat alleycat I like your new Don Rickles tribute avatar...

10thmountain 10thmountain - is the .308 Garand more competitive than 30:06 or is it a rules thing?

I'd have to go with a dedicated AR - light weight and poodle-shooting soft recoil.

image.png

I have to admit. I have a terrible time switching from Wood to Plastic stocks. It does not feel right to me in competition. Hayata Hayata Yes a AR wins the day in the competition shooting world but M1 & M1A wins for coolness. A .308 garand is literally good to go in any highpower/Servicerifle and unlimited garand match. You can shoot XTC, whatever. You can not shoot it in the As issued match. But hey who has 1 M1? I have that class covered with another Garand.

Edit: as far as accuracy...Lots of data out there that say the .308 Garand will out shoot its 30.06 brother. But that is almost blasphemy.

On a side note. Can i shoot a AR? Yep. i can Kill you out to 600. LOL.

I am in the Highpower game now. I bought a National Match upper. I can sling it up and shoot for the bull. I cant wait to hit Riverbend for XTC. I have decided to go with IRONS to start.

I am in the Highpower game now. I bought a National Match upper. I can sling it up and shoot for the bull. I cant wait to hit Riverbend for XTC. I have decided to go with IRONS to start.

You'll love it, did you get the lead for the front handguard?
I put together my NM AR 13 months ago and it's time to change the barrel. 4400 rounds on a Krieger Barrel.

mine comes in at 19lbs, it pays dividends in standing and at 600. dampens the shakes, doesn't stop the movement. manage your wobble!

Back
Top Bottom