• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is your least favorite firearm you’ve ever owned or been issued?

I was issued a Hydra-Matic M16 A1 at Bragg. The damned thing had a smooth bore, like a shotgun. Ridiculous. Still made 40 hits on the combat range with it, but that was luck and skipping stones up from the berm at 300 meters to knock down the silhouettes.
Waiting till just before the target dropped worked too I have heard.

I like the sub 2000. That thing is so cool. What keltec did you use that you did not like?
I spent over 18 moths on the KTOG (Keltec Owners Group) blog site and saw too, too many examples of failures. Some catastrophic and others just jamming or not reliable. Somehow, the whole "their service department is great- send it back and they'll fix it" and the oft-used phrase "it just needs a little fluff and buff polishing" was widely used and took months (I know for mine it was). Trouble is, now exactly do you fluff and buff a plastic feed ramp. BTW, I owned two of Keltec's at the time.

Never again. I'm not even a fan of injection molded plastic for critical mechanical parts. I've seen examples of Sub 2000 hinges failing in operation. Broken hinges with loaded chamber ready to fire after having fired one. Great ideas, but plastic doesn't replace metal, IMO.

PTR-91. I loved the look of the rifle but cleaning it and bolt reassembly was a huge pita. I had an easier time with my Ruger Mark III, which I also sold at the same time to the same guy.

Colt Pony Pocketlite. It was garbage, sent it back to Colt, they "fixed" it, it was still garbage. Traded it at an Eastman's in Savannah for an Ingles Hi Power that I later sold and then regretted selling. I never once regretted letting go of that Pocketlite. (Double action .380 pocket pistol). I carried a Mustang, which I still have and still love, for years and years and was jazzed to replace it with a doubleaction pocket gun, only to return to the Mustang immediately.

Replaced the Mustang with a KelTec p3at, and that was not wise. I should've gone with the .32, that thing runs well. That 380 malfunctioned too much; stepped into a PF9 which I love and have only just recently replaced with the P360.

Hi-Point 40 cal. Traded my neighbor for it and shot 2 mags out of it and sold it to my cousin. He still has it. Lol!
Response - rollsafe.jpg

If you never shoot it, you have no way of knowing it is a sh**ty gun.

Back
Top Bottom